Friends this Sunday

by Vivamus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I have been hanging on the couch all day, watching friends. I have to say that even when I saw the series like a dozen of times, it still makes me laugh out loud.

My excuse btw is that my throat hurts, i sneeze all the time, have a ringing in my ear and some times - the room actually spins.

what have you been doing your sunday?

• Pittsburgher
    Pittsburgher

I have been watching all the old NFL Films Superbowl recaps. I've been inactive for about 7 years and my fiancee was not "raised" in the Truth, so I don't need to make excuses anymore. Maybe I'm lazy, but enjoying a Starbucks and American football on a Sunday morning is just about perfect :)

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Ohhh Starbucks, good memories. I wish we had starbucks here

Sounds like a good Sunday for you Pittsburgher

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Oh! and its your first post! welcome to the board, i am sure you will enjoy it

• Pittsburgher
    Pittsburgher

Thanks very much! Stumbled across the site this morning, which you could say, is another thing I am doing this Sunday. Like the site so far!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Took the dog out for a long walk which is good exercise for both of us, listened to some music and later had some social time with old friends that came to visit. Overall a fairly quiet day as Sundays should be.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Pittsburgher, thats good to hear! The site is full of answers to questions regarding Jehovah's witnesses that you might have. But also lots of trivial information (like my sunday ) is available.

Enjoy this place, and if you need info, feel free to ask for it

• greendawn
    greendawn

By the way, welcome to the forum Pittsburgher, hope you will enjoy your stay here.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Vivamus and Countrywoman! It is good to see both of you posting here again.

We have a lazy breakfast; sometimes cooked by my hubbie and some times he carries out from the bakery. We leisurely read the Sunday paper; I cut out grocery coupons and look at the ads and see what is new on my tv shows. We watch a news show/magazine on CBS from 8 to 9:30 and sometimes watch Bob Schieffer afterwards to see what is news.

I check my posts and others on JWD. I do at least 3 household chores....clean 2 bathrooms and vacuum (how exciting). Then we plan seeing a movie later in the afternoon. There is a car show, motorhome show, and garden show coming up, not to mention the Super Bowl (football) next weekend, a radio show with live audience, and some concerts we have earmarked.

It is great just to do what we want and not have every day of the week broken up by WTS busy work.

Blondie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hi Blondie!! 3 household chores, wow, you are disciplined!! I absolutly loathe doing household chores. I mean, even if you clean it, it get dirty again, whats up with that??!! But I am seriously considering getting a help once every 2 weeks, for the bathroom, toilet etc. I mean, next to work and study, I really don't want to spend what time I have left cleaning

Greendawn, that sounds pretty good too. Glad you are all enjoying the time off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit