News from the congregation

by Vivamus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

CW and Highlander, thats true indeed. I never hear about the overzealous brother who pioneerd for the last 4 months in a row, for example.

Maybe Jw's themselves unconciously see al the misery as evidence the are doing good? You know, like, Jesus said they would be persecuted for their beliefs by men. And then the example of Lot (was in Lot?) who was even tested by Satan ..... So they would tell all the misery as something they have to endure and their faith will be stronger for it.

ah well, glad I'm out too ;-) And my new job (cuz you asked Cellist) is marvellous, and would earn me lots and lots of reprimands from the brothers who would be shocked by a woman making carreer... lol.

• Gill
    Gill

I'm trying to rack my brain for any good news about members of our former congs.

All I ever hear is who died, who has a 'mysterious illness', who collapsed, who is DF'd, whose children have left 'da Troof' blah de blah!

JWs! The most miserable people in the world!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Divorces, death, sickness, they all have it .. And it just struck me "do JW's actually have more misery than normal people?".

The witness are no different than any other group of people from this standpoint and would not be amazed that they have a higher toll of some issues such as mental health, divorce and so forth, They just do a better job of hiding it and trying to fool the flock they are the best. Self Vindication instead of honesty.

For a flash second I revelled in that thought and then reality caught up with me, knowing it's nonsense. How about your congregation? do you like hearig how those people are doing, or could you not care less?

My former congre had many many cases of these issues and problems, just good actors in the org to hide and most are in a state of denial. NO I don't wish this on anyone as the Bible book of Prov says not to wish bad on your enemy or it may come back on you, also it is my duty to prove my love for God and neighbor and not be like the witness in this respect and gloat over anothers problems.

abr

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Abr, what do you mean with hiding it? In all my years in the "truth" i have never met anyone who keeps misery silent.

Anyway, i did not mean that I like it when someone falls ill. It just struck me how i never hear of any good news regarding them.

• Gill
    Gill

Stating fact is NOT gloating!

Most of us here suffered physically and mentally under the yolk of slavery to the WTBTS!

We would like to see our fellow slaves freed.....it's just that some of them don't even know that they are slaves in the first place.

No one is mocking them......to the contrary in fact.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Viv: Great to hear from you. Still beautiful as ever.

I thought that having Jehovah's blessing prevents someone from these misfortunes. At least that is what they told me when I left the JW's.

• luna2
    luna2

I ususally see old congo members in situations where we only have a few minutes to talk. Depends on the person what is discussed. Dubs used to stop by to "encourage" me when I sat in the other office (half door was always open so they could see me working there).

One brother stopped by to tell me about how his family fell apart which was quite a shock. I thought they had a strong, loving family. Just goes to show that you often have no idea what is going on in people's lives until the shit hits the fan. I'm thinking he told me himself because he didn't want me to hear it elsewhere. Not sure.

Another sis who I saw at the bank for a couple minutes told me about her daughter's marriage and about the struggles with her husband's cleaning business. They are probably approaching their 50's now and I know she's had difficulties with ill health for several years.

I often think about all the JWs that are self-employed doing manual labor (usually cleaning but there are also a number with small construction/odd job businesses too) who are having physical problems as they get older. What are they going to do with no health insurance and no pension? The WTS doesn't care that they've condemned these folks to an old age of penury. Heck, they don't even care about their own Bethel workers who have slaved at headquarters for decades.

Maybe JWs feel the bad things more acutely because they are so looking forward to to relief from their crappy situations. The sad thing is that many times they are in a mess because of trying to obey the idiot directives coming out of Brooklyn.

I agree with the idea that they seem to talk about their problems, perhaps more than non-dubs, because it validates their view that the times are "critical".

• mouthy
    mouthy

VIV(((((((((HUGS)))) glad your posting again.Hug Mum for me....
    I cant comment on the subject cos I never have any from my congregation speak to me. I read about one in the paper that molested a little girl...He got off!!!!...When they see me they RUN!!!! To them I am...
    All my love
    Grace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit