Could someone please ask Serena Williams ...

by Jin 19 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

AKJeff, yes, she did win.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

What a terrible womems final , I switched channel as well, as for S Williams I thought she was never baptized?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't think the Williams sisters ARE sisters, so to speak. That keeps them from having any action taken against them, I guess, though they have their ways of getting rid of unbaptised ones. She's getting kind of long in the tooth to be unbaptised. Probably smart. Keeping her family w/o actually bring any shame to Jahs name since they have denial with her still. Ideal situation for them. My mom was an active unbaptised publisher for decades before she was baptised-she got away with it since she occasionally smoked and they wouldn't accept her till she finally REALLY quit (the 2 a year were stumbling someone, I guess for about 6 years, as she quit for the most part when I was 7 and was not baptised til I was 13.)

She has a butt I would kill to have on my backside-so to speak. Good genetics and working out like crazy, no way she could have a little tush.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The Sydney Morning Herald had a nice shot of her in all her bikini clad glory at the beach on the front page today. Unfortunately the online version doesn't have the photo, so I didn't end up posting my thread on "Approved Theocratic Dress Standards" today...

• blondie
    blondie

My sources have said that Venus and Serena Williams are unbaptized publishers, they are not baptized so cannot be df'd then. It can explain why they get away with what they do. They may not even be unbaptized publishers any more. Their mother is the only baptized JW in the family that the media has reported about.

I think they were associated with the West Palm Beach congregation in Florida.

Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's a good thing Mom doesn't have to shun them, and that they aren't
    marked as bad associates. I am really happy when I see a family that
    is spiritually weak (according to JW understanding) because, in reality-
    it means the WTS doesn't have good control over them. It's just a shame
    that the cult is so hypocritical. If they wrapped the flag around themselves
    and pursued worldly goals that didn't make a bunch of money, the cong.
    would have declared them bad associates or DF'ed Mom for continued
    support of them.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

As usual, you're probably right on the money Blondie. Being "unbaptized" certainly would make all the difference in how they're viewed by thier watchtower drones. Thanks again!.

PS: New Zealand, that Blondie gets a around!

Dismembered

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I wish I had the link, but last year, there was an article I read in an Aussie newspaper on the internet that mentioned both Venus and Serena are unbaptized. Welcome to the GB's version of hell. They can call themselves JW and thank YHWH, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it. Maybe they should make Prince an elder and have him counsel the girls....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the GB's version of hell. They can call themselves JW and thank YHWH, and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.

I think the GB enjoys fringe members like the Williams sisters. This Chicken Little Cult would love to do
    what the Mormons have basically managed to do- become a mainstream religion.

They can't afford for all their members to be free out there, but they need some to make the cult look
    normal. That causes "worldly" people to say, "JW's are fairly normal, just very religious."

I don't think the likes of Prince or the Jacksons really help their image, though.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

You could ask her your questions or send her your comments on her feedback form.

http://www.serenawilliams.com/feedback/default.sps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit