What have you "Learned from JWD""??,

by OUTLAW 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Was it,math?..Was it,a new way of looking at things?..Was it,you were not alone?..Was it,patience?..Was it,a way to deal with pain?..What have you "Learned from JWD"?...OUTLAW

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I've learned that I'm going to get past this crap. I'm going to make up for the lost years, and I'm not paying for garbage from anyone anymore without calling them on it.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

shoes, chocolate, and orgasms---- that's all I need to be happy!! Actually, I'm beginning to think I just need the first two!!

shell

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hey, OUTLAW, ya old fart! I've been gone for awhile, and so were you...good to "see" ya agin.

My first foray into cyberspace was the mid-90s, on the cusp of my final departure from JW-land. I happened onto H20...and it was the confirmation of my worst imagination of what ex-JWs were like: fighting, attacks, etc. It totally turned me off to looking "outside" for any sort of comraderie or understanding.

I checked out JWD only after another long-time poster said that it would be a good place for me to visit. With considerable angst, I finally did...and I was so dang nervous that I registered as "onacruse" when I meant to spell it "onacruise" (as in 'on-a-cruise' through life). LOL

But what I learned was that, with a properly moderated discussion board, there really was, FINALLY, a way for me to express my feelings without being castigated, lambasted and otherwise made to feel even more inferior than I'd already been feeling for too many years.

And I've learned a good fair bit about other things too, as a result of the open discussions. If you'd asked me 5 years ago "Would you believe this?" or "Could you imagine that?", I woulda said "No way, not in a million years."

Long and short of it: JWD has been a tremendously freeing experience...and I include you among those who've helped make it that way for me.

Craig (of the Oopic class)

• agapa37
    agapa37

I have learned from JWD that people do not change, most get worse. Those who leave the WTBTS ( as they put it ) for the shunning and disfelowshipping practices still practice it and have the same mentality. Iv'e learned that people carry heavy burdens of hatred and vengence. Where as some have moved on and are happy.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I learned about WTS & pedofiles & the UN & the 1914 generation - so much stuff I had missed out on because I had avoided anything JW for so many years.

I learned they changed wording in the WT from the single issue to the bound volume. I learned they changed wording in the books from one printing to the next. I learned about Johannes Greber.

I also learned I have a cousin on JWD. I'm not alone!!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

There's people far more intelligent than I.. More awarness in yourself. Important to check spelling. Try to use paragrapghs. I think I might have a sense of humour. Big claims require big proof.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

shoes, chocolate, and orgasms---- that's all I need to be happy!! Actually, I'm beginning to think I just need the first two!!

shell

I learned that here's where crazyblondeb and I differ: I can do without the shoes.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

From JWD~ I have learned ther are a lot of great people out there and I met them thru here. It has been wonderful.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What have you "Learned from JWD""??

that apostacy is relative to one's definition of a religion.

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit