Ok so this is it

by The salmon 28 Replies latest jw friends

• The salmon
    The salmon

Ive been "in the truth" ever since I was 6 years old when my mother was baptised in the late 70`s. So I sort of got dragged along to the meetings and therin started the indoctrination that was to prove to be my undoing. Ive been reading this page for a while now and read some very slick posts from dissillusioned ex members. All through my childhood I was told to be a good child, do as your told, don`t complain when your faults are brought to your attention, privatley and publicly. Don`t get to upset when other kids in the congregation seem to get on, not by being more devout but having parents who are in the clique, the inner sanctum of families who are the goodies..(why does it seem that the favoured ones always seem to do well?) If you had an unfashionable family or where maybe a little less intellectual than the others, just try a little harder!! its obvious that its your fault, so go away and read up on being more forgiving, or even better do more! do more in the service, do more prayer, put yourself forward just in the off chance you may get noticed. Anyway, I plodded through life, got married, had kids, became a MS, and then began to see the light...this organisation is not being run to uphold the spirituallity of its flock, its being run for men by men! Sure they stand up on the platform and pontificate about being their to help and support, but really all the BOE want us to do is sit there, smile, and goo oooh and ahhh at the latest starlet, sent to make your insignicant lives better. This is what you can be like, not by selling your soul to the devel, but by joining the club, be in the gang. Anyway, there`ds loads thats happened to me in the last couple of decades, that in time I`ll post, like the hypocrisy, the turning of the blind eye to sin, depending on who you are, but now Ive had enough. I`m finally that salmon who is willing to lose all those so called "friends", those guys who if you dont go on a regular basis suddenly treat you like a pariah...don`t know yet if I`ll fall on my sword, or just fade away, but one thing is for sure...I aint goin quietly.....

The Salmon

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

Welcome to the forum Salmon!!!

LIG

• exjdub
    exjdub

Well said Salmon, and welcome to the forum!

exjdub

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi Salmon and welcome, you seem to plan to go out with all guns firing, is your wife with you on leaving the dubs? Some people prefer to leave quietly and fade away. I suppose if you don't have many friends and family there, you might as well leave in that way, you are not going to lose much.

• RAF
    RAF

Welcome

waiting for the next chapter

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Good for you and welcome!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Salmon, and welcome to the forum

I look forward to reading more of your story.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Post again dude! Don't leave us hanging - we love new blood around here. It's like the anticipation of getting a "new release" HAHAHAHA

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Salmon,
    If you don't go quietly, I have serious doubts that it will be called a "fade" by anyone. I guess you could go loudly, call it a fade, and plead insanity.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Salmon,

WELCOME!!!!! We are here for you through your journey out! It is like swimming upstream for sure, but you will make it!!! Hang in there, you will find MANY wonderful people here who have a sincere desire to help. Will you be making this treck on your own? Or is your wife with you?? Besides what you wrote of the lack of love, was there anything else that made you start questioning things or was that what did it for you?? Also, just curious, because there is a flood of new ones here all the time, how did you find this site??

Thank you for sharing your story.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit