Can It Get Any Worse????

by liquidsky 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Then on his way home he gets a $500.00 aggressive driving ticket.

In California, you could go and explain it to the judge (all of your money problems, etc.); ask if he'll reduce the fine and then ask if you can do community service to pay the fine. Here, they would probably reduce it to $100-150 and then give you 3 months to complete the community service (usually, very easy to do.... volunteer at a Kindergarten, whatever).

Just a thought...

sorry for all of the negatives coming into your lives.... sounds like it's tiime for it to turn around.

D.E.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If he doesn't have a record of that kind of thing, I think the judge would take pity on him. Don't say he doesn't deserve it, just say why you hope the judge will lower the fine. They hear a lot of BS, and may even consider your plea to BE BS, but if they think he has no remorse or doesn't get that he did something wrong towards others, judges are less likely to be compassionate. (my experience with judges, both my own and watching others). Humble apologies and a plea for mercy seems to work best. JMO, you may get much better advice from others.

I am sorry for all the grief you are having. After being layed off for 3 years(after 9-11), I am so sympathetic to the job/$$$ issue. You will get past it, and money won't seem like the biggest thing someday. I know its hard now!

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Sometimes life can bite us in the butt. Sorry this is happening to you but it will get better eventually.

• Dansk
    Dansk

(((((((((Liquidsky)))))))))),

You've a right to vent under your circumstances, but it's good that you can see there are many worse off than yourself!

The most important thing is that you and your hubby have your health. Things of monetary value can be replaced - yes, it can take time but you'll get there - but our health is priceless.

Bad luck does seem to run in cycles but your good karma will eventually kick in and you'll come out more positive. A recurring event for me was to receive a bigger pay cheque than usual only to receive a bill, usually of equal amount to the cheque, the same week! My plans to save or buy something special evaporated - but at least the bill got paid!

You and hubby will be fine.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit