"Time Travel".........What time and place would you go?

by new boy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Lets make it fun!...............If you could go anywhere in time BUT only have a 50% chance of survival (making it back to this time alive) would you do it?

Where would go?

For me in would be the time of Jeaus......... I'd would really like to know what the truth was about his ministry.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

For me it would be the time of David.... I'd would really like to know what Bathseba looks like.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I've thought about this before and came to the same conclusion as yourself. Before our modern age things anywhere in time would be difficult. Discovering the origins of christianity would be pivtol and life changing. The great thing is that you could have a hundred% chance of returning if jesus was real cause if you died he could resurect you. If it wasn't true and you died at least you wouldn't have to live a lie. Either way you wouldn't lose.

• 5go
    5go

I think I would stay here so I could comfort you guys from your disapointment when you get back.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, I'd need a certainty that i would be horribly rich. And I'd need to be injected with language skills .... And then I'd go to the time of:

Catherine the Great. I'd seduce Orlov and snatch that diamond for me. Then I'd travel to France, see Marie Antoinette before she looses her head. And then I'd travel to England, see whats happening there and retire in Scotland, the most beautiful country ever.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

"For me it would be the time of David.... I'd would really like to know what Bathseba looks like. "

or the time of Cleopatra, or the time of the Trojan War.

Simply have to see how pretty you need to be to make political rulers act a fool.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ill go back to last week with this weeks lottery numbers and I wont worry about coming back to this week. Ill just stay in last week till it become this week and I'm rich.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I like your way of thinking, jaguarbass!

Before I would go, I would take some lessons in piano and guitar, then go back about a hundred years with the best songs of the past century, and "write" all these as my own, becoming insanely popular and incredibly rich.

• outnfree
    outnfree

"Simply have to see how pretty you need to be to make political rulers act a fool." -- Only as pretty as Paula Jones and Monica Lewinsky? ..... For myself, I, too would want to be assured to be rich, and THEN go back to Elizabethan times, perhaps be a lady-in-waiting, so I could see her political savvy up close and personal. Then again, rich and MALE, would probably be far less constraining....

• Mulan
    Mulan

I would want to go back to Maine in the mid 1700's to see what my ancestor's looked like, and to ask the questions I can't find the answers to, like..............what was your father's name, your mother's name, where did you come from before you went to Ireland to sail to America????, etc. etc.

I wouldn't want to stay. Life was too hard, Maine was too cold in the Winters, they couldn't stay clean, and there were hostile Indians in the region. My furthest back ancestor was almost captured by Indians when he was 14. His friend was taken and they sold him to the French in Canada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit