What kind of meal(s) do you like to fix for another people?

by averyniceguy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

I like quick and easy generally, but I have been known to go to lengths. I have my favorites and my guests like them too, served with tossed salad and something light for dessert: cheeseburger casserole; beef burgundy (served with wide egg noodles); filet mignon (served either with baked potatoes or new red potatoes mashed with the skins on); cheeseburger pie (the basic recipe also makes a good breakfast casserole if made with crumbled sausage instead of hamburger); beef valencia; chicken tarragon; chili; tuna casserole. Spaghetti and meatballs, but this takes two days to make the meatballs and let them keep overnight.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Gosh, I haven't entertained in years. It's just a space issue, what with living in a trailer and all.

Last night I had some huge vegetarian prawns – made with gluten or something –from a vegetarian health food store in Chinatown. I mixed them into a mild apple-cabbage curry with a coconut-milk sauce. Festive, quick and exotic. We tend to eat "party food" most of the time, actually.

When I have both time and stamina, I like to make a ginormous meat loaf with all kinds of gewgaws on it.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I'm not a great fan of cooking period. I'm burnt out(pun intended) after too many years of cooking for a large family. Sooooooo my favorite thing to make for company is reservations at a great restaurant! It's really hard dialing that number.......

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Italian, mexican. My nieghbor was sick the other day and I sent her family a penne casserole with sausage, ground beef, bacon in a tomato sauce with the middle of the dish filled with cottage cheese/mozz/parmesean. BTW, bacon seems to be the secret ingredient. Wonderful mouth feel! Oh, and apple pie and broccoli.

I make enchiladas, mexican rice for gatherings.

My hubby likes 7 bone roast/steak cooked forever(which is good, cause he is always late!!)with all the sunday dinner things with it-mashed pot., gravy, biscuits, glazed carrots (he hates them, but the rest of us love them) salad, green beans.

I would like to try more creative recipes-but my husband doesn't like so many things that it is like cooking for a nine year old. . .just past the chicken nugget stage of epicurean development.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit