What kind of meal(s) do you like to fix for another people?

by averyniceguy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I personally like the kind, where a waitress hands you a menu and says, "What can I get you?"

Works for me.

Outaservice

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I like chicken broccoli. I can make a lot of things, though, so it depends on what the lady likes.

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

I love pampering my guests! If they come over during the week, it may be take-out, but I still set the table nicely. On the weekend, I'll make appetizers, a nice entree and dessert. I cycle through favorite recipes, but it usually is an all-day cooking event.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Fillet of cheese, breast of mouse and a bag of prawns

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

roast chicken with a couple of lemons quartered and put inside along with a lot of garlic cloves. Brown rice, salad and a nice green veggie. Makes a very easy dinner.

Chicken pieces browned with garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, garnished with pine nuts and lemon slices, served with couscous (which has got to be the easiest thing on earth to prepare), a sort of Greek yogurt sauce with cilantro and mint, lemon juice and garlic, cucumbers and tomatoes.

But my standard party every year is Thanksgiving - have the same dozen or so people over every year and we have settled down to our favorite items: roast turkey, my stuffing recipe (very easy to do), colcannon instead of mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, green salad, fresh vegetables (which I guess they call crudites), cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes with dried apricots and bourbon, gravy, home made dinner rolls, pecan pie and pumpkin pie.

Then one of our best friends does Christmas dinner - roast pork, red cabbage, endive and orange slices salad, drop biscuits, gravy, roast potatoes, leftover fruit cake and Christmas cookies for dessert with port.

I'm on a diet - probably not good to think about food, but ... oh well.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

o r a nice juicy saddle of venison

• Scully
    Scully

I'm a fan of simplicity when it comes to cooking - easy preparation, quick clean up is important to me. But a lot depends on the crowd too.

Lasagne is a favorite, with homemade bread and salad is something I like to make for company.
    So is a big pot of chili or beef stew - which I've made after a morning of being out doing winter activities - with bread and veggies with dip.
    We like to make kabobs (pork and/or chicken) to do on the barbecue, served with rice pilaf, bbq sweet corn and a Greek salad.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As long as there are are no processed ingredients and artificial additives it's fine. I usually make beef or pork stroganoff the sauce which is made with wine, cream, butter and tomato paste is lovely. It's an original recipe invented by the cook of a Russian aristocrat in Petersburg. Making luxury icecream is also easy, the main thing is to put the frozen mix in a powerful blender and homogenise it to break the ice crystals, and then refreeze it.

• done4good
    done4good

I love to cook, some things I'm better at than others but my faves are:

1. Steaks

2. Chili

3. Wings

4. Anything that can be grilled.

j

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Kabobs?

Share this