What kind of meal(s) do you like to fix for another people?

by averyniceguy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF

... ...

Well if you are lucky you'll get a steak Period !

If i'm in a very good mood and you are very special to me and the occasion exceptional you'll get what we call a "Boeuf Bourguignon" frenchy kind of stew ... it takes 3 hours to do it and it's better if you can leave it one day before to eat it.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    I've cooked a few times for my roommate and his wife

FMZ, you share living space with two people? How's that working out? <you don't have to answer, I'm just being curious>

YC

• FMZ
    FMZ

Chelbie... I am lodging at their place, in their basement. Although it doesn't do much for my efforts at dating ("You live where?!?" lol), it is working out pretty well. I had to leave my own apartment about 6 months ago due to some major issues with a neighbor, and Chris was looking for a lodger to help with rent. It was originally going to just be temporary, but it's much cheaper than having my own place, and I have money to actually put in a savings account now. I'll probably stay there for another year or so and get some money saved up, then make the big move down to Tulsa :)

KJ

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Good for you to save up for a worthy goal.

Btw, You have got to prepare some of those dishes at the next Texas apostafest.

That would be a real treat.

YC

• mama1119
    mama1119

I love cooking, it relaxes me. I love making real tacos, anything curry, I make the best lasagna. Pretty much anything I suppose, that doesn't involve deveining prawns.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I like to prepare farm-raised Baked salmon with lemon/butter. A side of steamed veggies, and scalloped potatoes.

YC

• avishai
    avishai

I LOVE to barbecue. Tri-tip, brisket, beer butt chicken....

Or for my vegetarian friends, grilled portobello burgers w/ grilled teryaki asparagus.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I do a lot of salmon, the real kind! Mostly I grill it on the barby after marionating it over night. The last couple of times, however, I've taken to placing two whole fillets in tinfoil, skin side down. Coat the entire fillets with a quarter inch or more of pesto. Fold up the sides of the foil and close the lid. Set on midium, they should be done in 20 to 25 minutes, depending upon how thick the fillets were. These are big chinook salmon so one fillet will feed a dozen or more healthy eaters.. carmel

• FMZ
    FMZ

Chelbie, I may well cook some for you guys. I really do like cooking for people, so it would be a treat for me too :)

Mama, any good curry recipes? I'd love to do some curried veggies sometime, but I've never really tried anything like that.

And (lol, trying to steal more recipes) Avishai, those portabella burgers sound awesome. I tried this off the cuff last week, and marinated the cap in a little soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and oil for a day, then fried it with some onions. Topped with a slice of cheese, and some of the onions. Although it tasted OK, it has some improvements to be made. Suggestions?

KJ

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I love to cook. I can make all kinds of Italian, Asian and American dishes though usually if I have people over for dinner I make chicken parmagiana and spaghetti with veal meatballs. I make everything from scratch except for the noodles, since I don't have a pasta machine...yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit