So long, and thanks for all the kids...

by Paralipomenon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I recently remembered this JW rumor that went circulating around when I was younger.

Two sisters call on a door in service and is confronted by an obviously demon possessed individual. (the details always changed, floating lamps, speaking in tongues, the usual folklore) Sensing a disturbance in the force the younger sister leaves but the older pioneer sister stays determined to give her witness.

The demon possessed person then tells the old pioneer sister that they (demonic hordes) are focusing their attention on the witness children. When asked why, the response is "Your God killed our children with the flood, we intend to take your children with us at Armageddon."

I had totally forgot about this one but remembered it when someone mentioned that eventually nobody over the age of 18 would get baptized. No doubt this will be faith strengthening to all the parents that shun their children that they are living in the time of the end.

Did anyone else remember this story, or was this a local legend?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I never heard of that one before, but my goodness it is hysterical! thanks for sharing it. Probably an urban legend. Lilly

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I never heard that one, but the prophecy about no one over 18 getting baptised is getting nearer to fulfillment. I guess that's why they try to pressure kids into baptism before they are even teenagers these days.

• Emma
    Emma

I'd totally forgotten it, but yes, I remember it. gasp...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I heard that one too, a couple of times.

In one instance it was supposedly stated to a sister by a hairdresser while she was getting her hair cut... a little more racy than usual baber shop chit chat at least.

Slim

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Ahh man those Witnesses are some goofy bastards. That is one dumb ass demon too. Satan must have torn a strip off of him for revealing their diabolical plan.

GBL

• I Know what I like, and I like what I know
    I Know what I like, and I like what I know

I have heard the story before, a few years ago.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Don't remember when or where, but yeah, I heard that one too. Exactly the sort of thing a demon would do, too. "Hey, while I've got ya, lemme let you in on a little secret..."

Dave

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

It was monologuing! Like the super villains in that movie "The Incredibles".

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>It was monologuing! Like the super villains in that movie "The Incredibles".

LOL! Of course, how silly of me! :-)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit