Is it possible that worshiping "Jehovah" is worshiping a false god?

by A-Team 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The term jehovah is NOT the name of God nor is it a tranlation or tranliteration of the tetragrammaton YHWH.

That has been discussed ad nauseum, it is a "hybrid" term using YHWH and the vowels of either Adonai (Lord) or Elohim ( God) depending on the situation, that is a fact.

Allah is alo not the name of God but the arabic term for God or the arabic rendering of "elohim".

Jehovah is still used by some because they want to be "recognised" as worshipping the God of the Old Covenant, arguably a slap in the face of said God since God found it necessary to create a NEW Covenant with his son Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

Worshipping "Jehovah" is NOT worshipping a false God, its just denying the place of Jesus and the existence of the New Covenant.

Jesus taught us how to pray, in his OWN WORDS, "Our Father...", you'd think that would be ENOUGH for some people.

*shakes head*

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Jehovah is still used by some because they want to be "recognised" as worshipping the God of the Old Covenant, arguably a slap in the face of said God since God found it necessary to create a NEW Covenant with his son Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

Worshipping "Jehovah" is NOT worshipping a false God, its just denying the place of Jesus and the existence of the New Covenant.

Jesus taught us how to pray, in his OWN WORDS, "Our Father...", you'd think that would be ENOUGH for some people."

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi A-Team,

Is it possible that worshiping "Jehovah" is worshiping a false god?

I would put it this way, the WT have created a false god and JWs worship at that altar.

I denote that false god as "jehovah" quite often.

Consider these verses 1 Corinthians 10:20-22 Deuteronomy 32:17 Revelation 9:20 1 Timothy 4:1-3

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

BTW I was going to add this passage but I though, "that's a bit extreme".

Psalm 106:36-37 (New International Version)

36 They worshiped their idols,
    which became a snare to them.

37 They sacrificed their sons
    and their daughters to demons.

Shortly afterwards the Lord said to me "Doesn't that still happen today"?

Well of course it does, in their thousands the innocent children are slaughtered on the WT altar to the god "jehovah"

"No blood"

It is not God's will for anyone to die (either) death. That is a lie from the father of lies who was a murderer from the beginning John 8:44

Ezekiel 18:32 (New International Version)

32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

2 Peter 3:9 (New International Version)

9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Take God's advise and repent of this abominable "no blood" ruling.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit