What would an elder charge for a pay-for-reinstatement?

by sass_my_frass 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Okay, elder fantasy scenario #2: you've won lotto, more than you can spend in your lifetime. So much that putting down a few hundred thousand to get your family back would be peanuts. How much do you think it would cost to buy the most devoted elder?

I can think of a few who would do it for ten grand, and a lot who wouldn't do it at all. I'd be willing to shop around for a congregation in which three men could be controlled for $100K each. What a fun night that would be.

"Thank you for coming, gentlemen. I have a proposal" (slap down a bunch of cash...)

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    How much do you think it would cost to buy the most devoted elder?

Well, I think the way it would be considered to have gone down is like this: Jehovah must have forgiven you for your wrong-doing or he wouldn't have let you come into so much money that could be used to help the brothers...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

a case of a good window cleaning solution might do it

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

It wouldn't suprise me one bit if someone has money to give an elder so as not to disfellowship him or her. I mean they are into scandals right . So what do you think. I bet it is done quite regularly. Nothing suprises me about the organization.

For example why was Leo Greenlees moved to another country and wasn't disfellowshipped and what about Percy Chapman too. Cover ups for homosexuals,

Rutherford was a swindler as was Russell, like "magic wheat"?

Orangefatcat.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont get it. If you want your family back dont get disfelloshipped or get reinstated. How hard would it be to get reinstated? What does it take? I dont know. I'm thinking a couple of months sitting in the back of the hall. How hard is that? If that is what you want to do. But if your family wont talk to you because you got fired from working for free for a pulp magazine publishing house. Do you really want anything to do with them? You gotta suck it up.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You've been thinking about this for a while

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings sass_my_frass,

If one was to pay for reinstatement and or avoid getting df'd, remember they'd have to pay off the JC (usually 2 to 3 window/toilet cleaning menial guys) that found them guilty of their heinous behavior. You know, the type of guys that enjoy pulling wings off of flies. Or ones that like to make you squirm.

I'd be surprised if you could buy them off! The holy spirit they're filled with is powerful shit.

Dismembered

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

If you fell into a bunch of money you wouldn't have to pay for re-instatement. Most of the JWs I know are so cheap if they were related to you in any way at all, they'd find an excuse to have some type of contact with you under the guise of necessary business to see if they could get a cut.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    How hard would it be to get reinstated

Extremely hard if people in want to keep you out. Grudges, vindication, vengeance and just some bullies that use the power of their positions to determine repentance - happens all the time. An Elder just has to say that he doesn't think enough time has passed and the person is kept out - its all a sham - with each passing day it disgusts me more - sammieswife.

• juni
    juni
    Extremely hard if people in want to keep you out. Grudges, vindication, vengeance and just some bullies that use the power of their positions to determine repentance - happens all the time. An Elder just has to say that he doesn't think enough time has passed and the person is kept out - its all a sham - with each passing day it disgusts me more - sammieswife.

I agree w/you. How unlike the Father (representing Jehovah) and the action he took in welcoming back his "lost" son in the illustration of the prodigal son. I don't remember reading about any "hoops" to jump through by that Father. But I do remember the other son who was quite jealous. Perhaps he would've been interested in the lotto money??

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit