More thoughts on Satan the Devil

by lovelylil 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Gotta go with Kid-A on that one....

To those who would argue that you can't "get" God through logic, that he somehow transcends that...that hearkens back to my earlier point: Isn't in grossly unfair to design the universe with rules of logic, give man the ability to use such logic, then say "but those rules don't apply to me!" ? Why play such games with his own creation which, we are told, he loves deeply?

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Why play such games with his own creation which, we are told, he loves deeply?"

Exactly Sir! The entire premise is a self-encapsulated and circular self-contradiction. My guess is that most believers do see the logic behind these counter-arguments but simply activate their psychological "faith shields" to deny or circumvent having to address seriously these blatant contradictions in their belief structures, lest the very core of their conception of the universe be thrown off its foundation. I know, since the same things happened to me as I threw off the blinders of the Watchtower indoctrination.

Alas, we are still waiting for a substantive answer(s) to about 20-30 of the questions that have been asked on this thread. Is there not a single theologian on the board that can address these issues?

And no, myelaine, quoting scriptures is NOT an answer, but a deflection mechanism. What I find so disturbing in these threads is the inevitable hand-waving that arises from the opposing team. This is EXACTLY the response I used to get from my JW parents when similar questions arose.....the classic "who are you to question the wisdom of god?" routing. I'm sorry. These sorts of responses are annoying, frustrating and complete bollocks.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear kid-A...

"the classic "who are you to question the wisdom of god?" routing."...

I just don't understand why you would make this statement.

First...most, if not all "believers", have questioned the wisdom of God. To not look in to His word to find His purpose for our lives would be blind faith..we (I'm assuming here) have all searched His word again and again (even after having found our own answers) looking for YOUR answers...

Second...all the wisdom of God that we have available to us we give to you...it's the same stuff that you have...but, we have the Holy Spirit leading us towards greater and deeper understanding of the Truth of the love that God has for us...and we cant give you that.

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit