Floyd Kite's "Enduring the Tests Within God's Organization" (1980)

by Leolaia 62 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• flipper
    flipper

Rest in Peace Floyd Kite . He was just as deluded as the rest of them- just a lot nicer than the rest of them. A real person. I met him when I was a teenager in the 1970's , He really did push the 1975 thing. I wonder what he was thinking right before he died at age 90 in 2017 ? Still- I feel sorry for him and older JW's like my dad who wasted 60 to 70 years of their lives on un unreality of imaginary everlasting life promised by the WT Society. So many wasted lives. Very sad. Sleep well Floyd, I did enjoy your sense of humor, you were a good guy as far as JW's go. Sincerely. Mr. Flipper

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Flipper,

I had the same opinion. Nice enough guy. But nice doesn't cut it when you are in charge of that much propoganda. He was just as sold on it as any rank and file member. As an older man, he was largely the same guy, but he just wasn't 100% mentally (like most people at 90). He would slip every once in a while and speak of regret, or mistakes. I think the weight of having so much control, and looking back at how much was abandon, maybe even makes the uber-faithful twinge a little.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think the only way nice older men in these positions don't wake up is their kept real busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit