Floyd Kite's "Enduring the Tests Within God's Organization" (1980)

by Leolaia 62 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Thanks for the bump smiddy, interesting talk..
  • Bill Covert
    Bill Covert
    Floyd Kite That is going back in time. I rembember "Kite's Quake", he had them peeing in their pants Ezk.21:7 out of fear. He had a term of "fresh flesh" for adultry. But what I rembember most was having him as Circuit Overseer during the early 1970's and his ability to sell the 1975 fiasco. Kite could sell, he had a big impact on people selling off on lifes everyday things to pioneer.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW! MARKED FOR LATER!

If anyone knew about misusing funds, it was Rutherfraud... LOL!!!

DD

• Esse quam videri
  • CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    Marked.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    This must be the longest first post ever in the history of this forum.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Leolaia , was one of my favourite posters ,among others, when I first came aboard this site , and i think with so many newbies coming on board they might appreciate some" old ", but" new" posts to them.

I know it was a bit long Crazyguy , but I thought it was a gem.

smiddy

• zeb
    zeb
    Tests equals arrogant self righteousness creating prophecies that fall flat then the test is not being able to say "Sorry, we are out of line" and all the time telling the world that "we" are the chosen line. The test is therefore whether the wts can suffer humility stop the 'any minute now' clap trap and help people to have round full filled lives.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Just found out Floyd Kite died today in San Diego at 90. Probably just a couple hours ago. This was definitely one of his most famous talks. I found him to be a nice older man. Seemed to acknowledge through an older mans ramblings at times, that he had many regrets in how he treated people. He had a good heart, but was a true believer to the fullest. Company man through and through. His funeral will be a big event in San Diego i think.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PROBLEMADDICT:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I don't know what to say about him dying except he made it to a ripe old age.

As for what you said about him regretting how he treated people, I never met him. But, I do not forgive how I was treated by other righteousness old diehards back in the day. No, and I'm glad I'm not around them!

I read my earlier post on this thread from ten years ago. Even though I'm still out, so much has happened within the JW religion (corruption, scandals etc.), that I do not understand how any honest and righteous person can endure in that religion. They can keep their "tests"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit