Should God be Held Responsible for the Evil that Men Do?

by The wanderer 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

As an atheist, I believe that people are responsible for their own actions.

In the case of believers who act out of a sincerely held belief that they do what their god requires of them, I still believe that they are responsible for their own actions, however they do like to use the "I did this because god wanted me to" escape clause to absolve themselves of responsibility for their actions. They will not acknowledge that their behaviour was anything less than the moral imperative, and believe their victims deserved whatever happens to them.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    You have the right to believe what you want to believe, my belief at this point is, yes he is responsible

I agree totally, I have stated what I have stated and you likewise, no need to argue, Have a great day and wish you the best.

abr

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hey back at you Enjoy the day.

• onacruse
    onacruse

God can't hide behind selective omniscience.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks, life is way too short to fight, it is nice to have a thought and let it at that here. I hope your entire family has a great week.

abr

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I blame Satan, he is the one that makes us do evil things!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Thanks, life is way too short to fight, it is nice to have a thought and let it at that here. I hope your entire family has a great week.

abr

I suppose the thing is, as a good friend of mine says, We're all teenagers still learning. We really are. We never really know what could change our opinion tomorrow, next year or ten years from now. I used to think I had all the answers as a jw, now, I realize that there is no way I could know it all. In terms of Christianity or the like, I really don't like to say never. So, what I'm learning is, the hard way albeit, getting heated on this topic is sssssoooo not worth it. Because ya never really know when you might have to eat yer words Been there, did it. (I still feel like I owe all those people at the door an apology for being so stubborn! Lol)

• agapa37
    agapa37

No, God should not be held responsible for the evil people do, no more than the Wright Brothers should be held resposible for what people do with airplanes (like attaching bombs on them to drop on people) God created men PERFECT and put them in Perfect surroundings. It was man who deviated, not God.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Been there, did it. (I still feel like I owe all those people at the door an apology for being so stubborn! Lol)

I agree with you totally, I am so ashamed for my arrogance and judgmental attitude I HAD towards so many people as a witness. I pray that God forgives me for all the damage I have done. I am a piece of gum on the shoe of life, annoying and deserved to be wiped off on the curb.

What I do know in life: not much.

abr

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I am a piece of gum on the shoe of life, annoying and deserved to be wiped off on the curb.

Hey, hey now... isn't that a bit extreme?

I like you

Although I don't know if that counts for much, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit