Should God be Held Responsible for the Evil that Men Do?

by The wanderer 51 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I

guess it probably doesn't help that I have the opinion that we've been left as the caretakers and Lords of this planet, and God is pretty much letting us get on with it unless we ask for assistance. If we permit human sacrifice then it is slaughter on our own altars, or Six's

Sorry for my absence, had to take little one shopping for her first day of school clothes (awwww).

Ya know I can identify somewhat with this. Personally, I think it is very possible there is a God (of sorts, or Gods and Goddesses who knows) but that we've been left with what is called life and it is our responsibility to take care of this planet and ourselves. If we want said deity(ies) in our life, then it is up to us to seek it out. I don't however, identify this with the God the bible describes per se. (It gets a little complicated from here on out and I have a headache sooooooo.....)

(I still have to look into that Carl Barth guy and am looking forward to it, so as I've said before, I'm growing and learning everyday and who knows one day i might very well have a different take on this subject; stay tuned for further details...... )

• Borgia
    Borgia

I do not consider him to be responsible for something men do. However, in his own words he set the general stage for alot of suffering and damage.

Genesis accounts relates of the language confusion at Babel. Reason to do this was men were united under one government trying to establish anything that came into the mind.

The confusion of the language prevented human enterprise to carry on united. Instead, different languages came into being, people no longer could understand each other. They started to spread out, thus giving rise to tribalism and nationalism. Religion was spread this way too, so all differences in religion found their origin there.

This "act of God" has caused a lot of suffering and pain.

.......if you believe any of it.....that is.

cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit