Big day for me tomorrow

by iamfreenow 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Congratulations Marion!

I hope its a truly wonderful, blessed day for you

Sad Emo,

Thankyou very much for that, I am sure it will be.

• Scully
    Scully

I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and that it brings you much happiness that you deserve.

Trev and Linda are excellent friends to have!

• skyking
    skyking

By now you have either been baptized or you backed out. I hope you success and happiness. Good Luck.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thats lovely Marion- I was wondering about you the other day as I hadn't seen you post in a while. I hope it goes well and you derive a much deeper satsiafction from it than you did as a JW. I think that sense of genuineness in the love you experience in your church comes from people actually wanting to be there unlike the kin-doom-all where after the initial enthusiasm it really is a chore and you are laden with guilt for missing only one meeting. I understand some other churches dont judge you for not going all the time and you are welcome however regularly you attend.

I hope its a joyful moment for your very good friends Linda and Trevor to.

Wishing you blessings and happiness my dear.

Nina x

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Thankyou to everyone for your good wishes, I am off home now to prepare for tomorrow.

I will be getting baptised at about 11:30am UK time, and I am coming back here (to Trev and Lindas') for dinner tomorrow, so I will post on how it went.

love

Marion

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to God's family.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Big day, big decision good for you!

I will be getting baptised at about 11:30am UK time, and I am coming back here (to Trev and Lindas') for dinner tomorrow, so I will post on how it went.

Tell Linda and Trev hello they are special people in my book too.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I actually think being baptized will "wash away" if you will the JW part of your life and enable you to move on and start anew.

Congratulations honey...you go for it! Everyones journey is different.

Loves

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Congratulations on taking such a big step.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Marion,

That's great, congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I hope you celebrate afterwards with a dinner out or something!

A former ex-JW friend of mine joined an Episcopalian church a few years ago with his partner and although he was a baptized JW, he decided to be confirmed and got re-baptized. Interestingly, his pastor told him that when he was baptized as a JW, he baptized himself to God and the Church considered it valid, but it was up to him. I thought that was really nice of her to say that. I would say however that conservative Catholic and Orthodox religions would require a former JW to be rebaptized in order to take communion.

Personally, I'm agnostic, but I'm considering studying in the Anglican and Orthodox faiths to understand their points of views. I do attend both kinds of services on occasion and have to say that the services are beautiful and I've learned some very interesting things about the Bible that I never knew being raised as a JW.

Anyway, again I congratulate you. What an occasion to celebrate!

Best regards,

NYCkid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit