What Part of No Tresspassing Do They Not Understand?

by fxdwg97 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol get em wifey

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Of course, you could argue unless the home owner actually "owns" the residence they have no "right" to even put up a no trespassing sign as technically the bank owns the land and the house.

Technically that's wrong. The householder may have a mortgage on the house and land, which is held by a bank or another type of lender, but that householder is still an owner. And as an owner is responsible for the upkeep of the house and land, pays taxes on said property, accrues equity on the value on said property, and also receives several tax benefits from being an owner.

Oh and a homeowner has every right to put up a no trespassing sign on the property that they own even though they are paying off the bank.

Josie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

NO TRESPASSING signs keep Witnesses away older JWD thread here NO TRESPASSING SIGNS
    Watch new special about stalkers UPDATED my page more serious a lot worse things can happen to defiant trespassers than getting arrested

• JamieL
    JamieL

Technically that's wrong. The householder may have a mortgage on the house and land, which is held by a bank or another type of lender, but that householder is still an owner. And as an owner is responsible for the upkeep of the house and land, pays taxes on said property, accrues equity on the value on said property, and also receives several tax benefits from being an owner.

Oh and a homeowner has every right to put up a no trespassing sign on the property that they own even though they are paying off the bank.

Josie

Just saying an argument could be made in a court case over such a thing. For instance, you could not tell any government official to get off your land, but then you could argue you felt they were violating your saftey by being there, etc. Just like a police officer, or any public servant for that matter.

But no trespassing in an owners mind can refer to anyone, and they could argue even against a public servant or government official. Sure, they can, but anyone could argue that they should not have a trespassing sign up at all, crazier things are argued in this society all the time, burning your throat on coffee a restuarant told you was hot and sueing them and winning, claiming the words "merry christmas" violate your beliefs and should not be said at public stores.

Neighbors could even petition for anything on your house to be taken down, excessive christmas decorations, unkempt yards, loud noise, etc, etc, etc. I imagine they could even argue that such a sign is a negative reflection of the public community.

• unique2u
    unique2u

Maybe they have doubts themselves... one could hope...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just saying an argument could be made in a court case over such a thing. For instance, you could not tell any government official to get off your land, but then you could argue you felt they were violating your saftey by being there, etc. Just like a police officer, or any public servant for that matter.

But no trespassing in an owners mind can refer to anyone, and they could argue even against a public servant or government official. Sure, they can, but anyone could argue that they should not have a trespassing sign up at all, crazier things are argued in this society all the time, burning your throat on coffee a restuarant told you was hot and sueing them and winning, claiming the words "merry christmas" violate your beliefs and should not be said at public stores.

Neighbors could even petition for anything on your house to be taken down, excessive christmas decorations, unkempt yards, loud noise, etc, etc, etc. I imagine they could even argue that such a sign is a negative reflection of the public community

I think you lost your point in there somewhere. What was it?

I am a homeowner and being such I can even demand a government official off my land unless they have a valid reason to be there like a warrant from a judge. On that last thing you're talking about, I think you're pointing to a homeowner association enforcing a communtiy covenant which I am a member of also. I was fully aware of the covenant rules before I bought this property being that they (the developers) gave me a copy before I bought my house.

I have a suspicion that you aren't a homeower.

• JamieL
    JamieL

Really, that's interesting my bro didn't demand the cops off his land when they were chasing a criminal, even though they damaged his property.

Did his no trespassing sign apply in said instance? I don't think census workers adhere to these either, and those are government workers with no particular reason other than information gathering. My point was anything can be argued, and in any circumstance the homeowner or trespasser could both be proved wrong in a court of law depending on a judge or jury or viewpoints.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can't help what happened to your brother, I was going by the premise you stated. What happened to your brother is a bit different than someone knocking on my door (official or not) and my demanding they get off of my property.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Their God sign trumps your No Trespassing sign

What you need is the fine print

No Tresspassing

NOTE: If you are a Jehovah's Witness or are in any way connected to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society or any of its subsidiaries please do not knock to:

• find out if we have changed our mind. We haven't. When we do we will take the sign down
    • find out if we have moved. When we do the sign will move with us (unless of course the new residents put up their own sign.
    • find out why we don't want God-loving, peace-loving, concerned-for-my-future JWs knocking on my door. It's none of your business.
    • find out if everyone in the family thinks the same as I do. They do and if they change their mind they will go to the Kingdom Hall
    • pretend you did not see the sign
    • pretend you cannot read English
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like it Lady

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit