What Part of No Tresspassing Do They Not Understand?

by fxdwg97 24 Replies latest jw friends

• fxdwg97
    fxdwg97

We had a knock on our door this morning, as we were having breakfast. I opened the door thinking it was the neighbor, because today is his wife's suprise birthday party. I was suprised to see two young men carrying bookbags. They said they saw my sign that says "No Soliciting, No Peddeling, No Preaching No Tresspassing", and had to ask WHY we would have that on our door. I told them been there, done that, have the tee-shirt. He asked if he could come in to discuss why we left. I told him we were in the middle of eating, and we don't have time today. So, they probably will come back. When they do, we will be ready for them thanks to the accurate knowledge obtained here.

My question is, is it standard operating procedure to disregard no tresspassing signs? I'm not really sure I want them back here.

• metaspy
    metaspy

It is not standard to ignore no trespassing signs.
    WBTS specifically tells us not to do houses with No Tresspassing signs.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

You may need to do a search on this forum - where there are discussions on this already.

The 'official' policy of JWs is now supposed to be that they are to 'respect' any 'No Trespassing' signs - as they can be either arressted - or sued for violating them - in some locations.

It would be interesting to see someone take them to court on this... not sure if it has been done yet.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Kudra
    Kudra

They're not trespassing... their saving lives !

:-D

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

NO IS WHAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND

abr

• hubert
    hubert
    They said they saw my sign that says "No Soliciting, No Peddeling, No Preaching No Tresspassing",

Maybe you should add...."or you will be shot".

They might get the hint then.

Hubert

• carla
    carla

I think there was a recent case where a jw was sued as an individual (not the org) for violating no tresspassing sign in PA (?). The jw ended up shelling out some $ too. Not a great deal but it's still was considered a 'win' for the householder.

• JamieL
    JamieL

Of course, you could argue unless the home owner actually "owns" the residence they have no "right" to even put up a no trespassing sign as technically the bank owns the land and the house.

Just sayin...I personally would not go up, but does that really matter I'm DFd . I've often thought in this journey how funny it would be to show up to field service just to see what happens, or to raise my hand at meetings, or just start talking to people....sigh LIMH (laughing in my head)

• fxdwg97
    fxdwg97

Thanks for all the feedback.

We had a similar type incident this summer with a young man who insisted on cutting my yard. I asked where his lawnmower was and he replied he could use mine and that he would get it out of my garage. Because we live in a not so great area, I don't let strangers in my garage. It got to the point we had to call the police because he would not leave. We were informed that if we had "No Tresspasing" signs up any uninvited intruders could be arrested.

• fxdwg97
    fxdwg97

ps - For their sake, I hope they don't come back when my wife is here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit