Death of a generation

by onacruse 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kaput
    Kaput

It is a horrible religion, a false prophet and as sly as the devil.

As an old Baptist deacon once declared to me about the dubs, "they're the children of the devil". As they say, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

There has always been way too much discussion about the "generation". The end will come in someones generation but this is why Paul gave the councel at 1 Tim 1:4-7 Amplified Translation

4 Nor to give importance to or occupy themselves with legends (fables, myths) and endless genealogies, which foster and promote useless speculations and questionings rather than acceptance in faith of God's administration and the divine training that is in faith ( [ a ] in that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence)-- 5 Whereas the object and purpose of our instruction and charge is love, which springs from a pure heart and a good (clear) conscience and sincere (unfeigned) faith. 6 But certain individuals have missed the mark on this very matter [and] have wandered away into vain arguments and discussions and purposeless talk. 7 They are ambitious to be doctors of the Law (teachers of the Mosaic ritual), but they have no understanding either of the words and terms they use or of the subjects about which they make [such] dogmatic assertions.

That says it all about speculation, it does nothing to bolster faith in God and Christ and bring them glory, it is a waste of time, it has been a monkey on the org's back and one of the reasons just left, maybe bc they were serving with a date in mind, and as Paul says the people who do this "missed the mark" or point. None of this matters, it will come at God's appointed time it is a matter of are we ready personally and our families?

abr

• jimbo
    jimbo

Hello onacruse!!!

You make me feel really old. I graduated from high school in the late 1960's and spent the next thirty years living the (life) lie of a good JW. Pioneering, recruiting, studying, meetings, assemblies,quick-builds, MS, BS conductor, public talks, Etc.

The next thirty years are my best hope now.

Are you sure about less than ten percent of those that went through the 1975 lie are still in JWdom??? That amount can't be right, can it????

I know many that gave up much to be prepared for the end at 1975. One young witless even gave up his Playboy mag collection, hoping that would help save him. That collection would be worth big bucks today. Maybe his retirement account.

Oh well!!! I am actually enjoying sorting the false from true now. A very big job indeed!!!!

jimbo

• skyking
    skyking

Jimbo that collection was way to sticky and torn not worth anything after my brother and I got done with them.

• penny2
    penny2

I think they're doing a really good job at the moment of striking fear into the hearts of those still attending. I'm not sure what's going on, but I can tell, with the atmosphere in the family. Even with the young nieces and nephews. It's scary - and I can't do a thing about it. I've had one conversation with a family member (an elder) and have been told that if I go any further, I'll be regarded as an apostate.

With older ones in denial about 1975, the younger ones have no chance. They won't investigate because they don't even realise there is something to investigate.

penny2

• Duncan
    Duncan

Great thread, Onacruise.

In yesterday's Times (London) in the column by Matthew Parris I found an excellent quote. It was applied to a political movement, but is so very apt for the Watchtower:

"For them, only the future is certain. The past is constantly changing"

Made me smile, and fits your thoughts perfectly.

Duncan.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

It really upsets me when witnesses today say that the Society never said that 1975 was going to be the end. I was an elder at the time and we even

had charts at our circuit assemblies as to how many more months to 1975. These assemblies at that time were in school auditoriums. We

started the monthly count down in the early 70's or late 60's. The big catch prase by DO's and CO's was "stay alive until 75."

I remember laying in bed listening to Franz's talk about how many months was Eve created after Adam. He more or less said that if it were

3 or 4 months that the end may not start until the beginning of 1976. I layed in bed unable to sleep wondering if I have done enough to

survive the eminent destructiion.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

The old anointed die off and the new anointed come up with other ideas of their own....which means of course that they are NOT inspired by God.

• onacruse
    onacruse

If I may ignore other replies:

TBTS, welcome to JWD.

So, you laid in bed and pondered the same as I, eh? How similar our paths.

I distinctly remember Freddie giving a talk at the Tacoma Dome, introduced by a speaker who summarily announced that we had (in the countdown to which you refer) just 60 months left.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Moshe; your always on point. talking to some new jw and taking him out of his game. and PISSING ON his parade. well now he know a little about 1975 . it's so easy to expose dubs. with a little knowledge. and see how brain dead they act. i just love watching their heads spin when i corner them. they act like rabid dogs. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit