Grand Canyon / Sedona

by sandy 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• free2beme
    free2beme

I went there in the summer of 2005. By far, I loved Sedona the most. Mainly because I did not know what to expect. The Grand Canyon was great, but I had seen so many photos and movies of it, that I was kind of like ... well, that is pretty much the way the photo looked.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

I read about a new glass walkway that will jut out over a portion of the canyon so you can see straight down! My son's middle name is Canyon because he was conceived during that trip - so when he's old enough I'd like to go back and and check it out.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I drove out from NC back in the 60s. There were no interstate roads then. I had a 1953 ford that I had installed an Olds motor in and it ran great. I drove from Phoenix Az through Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon and then to Colorado Springs through the Indian reservations and the mountains. I will never forget that trip. Very little traffic back then. I just used a road map and picked my own route. I used route 66 most of the way out to the west. Too much traffic to enjoy it that way now.

Ken P.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Grand Canyon is so "grand" and then Sedona is (IMO) more beautiful, and what's so special
    there is that you travel right through Sedona.

Seriously, folks. I have seen the Pyramids, Greek Ruins, Rome, Jerusalem, glaciers of Alaska,
    waterfalls of Hawaii- still have more places to go, but if you are in the USA and looking for a great
    trip, the Grand Canyon, Sedona, the Petrified Forest. You can do all that in one trip with a rental car.
    I only regret that I didn't start at Las Vegas and include the manmade portion of this area-
    Hoover Dam. That is a great vacation for any age.

• sandy
    sandy

I totally agree . . . Sedona was so spectacular! I was incredibly moved by that place. Climbing to top of Cathedral Rock was such an accomplishment for me. The amazing thing to me about the Grand Canyon was taking in the view. I felt like I was looking at a picture it seemed so unreal.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I cannot even describe the feeling I got when we visited Sedona and climbed Cathedral Rock. I cried and complained the entire way up. LOL But after we got to the top I was on a natural high. It was so beautiful!

Awe Sandy yes Sedona has got to be one of the most awesome places ever a definite must see, must do!

That natural high you felt could have been because you were within a half a mile of one of the 4 major vortexes in the area around Sedona. The locals say these vortexes are swirling centers of subtle energy coming out from the surface of the earth. This energy is not exactly electricity or magnetism, although it does leave a slight measurable residual magnetism in the places where it is strongest and it's because of the ancient native Americans who occupied that area for years. They attribute it's natural healing powers to these 4 vortexes. I was researching this a while back and wondered if there was a connection to the 4 major American Indian Tribes which lived in and around Sedona. Just a thought.

But you aren't the only one who has felt this in fact they say if someone is at all a sensitive person, it is easy to feel the energy at these vortexes, and it can be an uplifting experience. The energy absorbed in this way can have a positive effect for days afterwards. People come from all over the world to experience this like I said a must see and do for anyone who truly wants a relaxing vacation.

Can't beat the scenery either, the rock formations are incredible and the names of them say it all like Bell Rock, Coffee Pot Rock and up in Oak Creek Canyon Recreational area you've got to slide down Slide Rock! WEEEEEE!!

Cool place to see some of the local artisan is Tlaquepaque Art Village it's a shopping center with over 40 shops of local artist galleries plus restaurants you could spend a whole day there and drop a few hundred dollars easily too! Lots of local breweries around too and the mountain biking is phenomenal also a must do if you can.

Ah, can you tell I've been there done that and can't wait to do it again? LOL Thanks for the memories I absolutely love that place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit