Grand Canyon / Sedona

by sandy 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• sandy
    sandy

My fianc é and I visited the Grand Canyon and Sedona last weekend and I was deeply impressed. I'd never been to either place before then.

The Grand Canyon was so unreal! It was snowing there which was just beautiful!

I cannot even describe the feeling I got when we visited Sedona and climbed Cathedral Rock. I cried and complained the entire way up. LOL But after we got to the top I was on a natural high. It was so beautiful!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I spent a week at Enchantment Resort at Sedona a few years back. The scenery (and the resort) were truly spectacular. And, the grand canyon isn't too bad either. I'm still amazed that the temp on the floor of the canyon was 120, while at the top it was actually a bit cool. I also took the Grand Canyon Railway trip on the way in.

• sandy
    sandy

This is actually where we hiked, but on the other side. I got this pic from the internet . . . I haven't developed my pics yet.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Sedona, what a beautiful place. I loved visiting there and it's one of the few places outside of my home where I could se relocating to some day. Maybe that's where I write my opus. Mmmmmm, opus....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i went a few years back...but not to the most touristy parts..loved it

i am so going back again

• serendipity
    serendipity

The Grand Canyon is so awesome! My only complaint was that I didn't have the place to myself. ;-)

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

My wife & I took this trip pre-children. We flew into Vegas for the cheap airfare, stayed at Treasure Island and took in the Cirque de Solei show as well as the Sigfried & Roy show. Then we rented a Jeep and drove to the Grand Canyon. We had booked a rim side canyon a year in advance. Then we drove back to Vegas via Sedona and stayed in a nice resort. It was a great little art-new age community similar to Aspen or Taos. One of our nicest memories was taking the "hard hat tour" of Hoover Dam while we were in the Vegas area. It is an impressive achievement and worthy of the 1 1/2 hour drive from Vegas.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

The drive from Sedona, North to Flagstaff, through Oak Creek Canyon is also spectacular!

South to Cottonwood and up to the Ghost Town Jerome is also a nice trip/view.

Outaservice

• deeskis
    deeskis

We took the kids over 4 years ago Disneyland, Vegas/Grand Canyon, Ski-ing at Steamboat then Hawaii at the end. The Grand canyon was spectacular, we went down to the river by helicopter and had a boat ride.

but not to the most touristy parts..loved it

that was the only drawback, it was a bit like a conveyer belt, so many people. But time was limited and it was a great way to experience a lot. I'd love to go back again.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If I can recommend any place on earth that must be visited, The Grand Canyon would be top of my list - awesome -truly awesome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit