Please say hello to Faded4SoFar...

by AuldSoul 46 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, faded4. Any friend of AuldSoul is a friend of mine.

About keeping in contact with your children, that's a toughie. My order of priority is to get my partner on side first, so that we provide a common front to the world. You don't want an opposing parent sabotaging all your efforts. You don't want your children torn between two parents. If both parents are walking away from the society, it will be so much easier for the adult child to take the leap. If you are a united front, they will care far less about being torn between their parents and the society. For most children, the choice is a no-brainer.

If that is not a possibility, take a page from the book of divorcing parents. Be honest, ethical, and fair with your children. Listen carefully to their hopes and fears, and take them seriously. Don't accept emotional blackmail. If they threaten to cut you off if you don't do what they want, calmly stand your ground. The respected parent is the one who wins in the end.

You might enjoy GoingGoingGone's posts. She is a successful fader, her husband is an elder, and both her young-adult children are launching their independent lives. She has grown in dignity and stature over the years, as she has quietly stood her ground. At the same time, she has not disrespected her husband. The children could see for themselves what was going on, and made smart choices. I hope the same for you.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Welcome to Faded4sofar

We're so glad that you have joined us. You will get lots of help from the nice people on this forum.

We look forward to hearing from you again.

Kaytee & Twinkletoes

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hey Faded!~ Comon in! Set a spell! Have a hot cup and a roll. (_)o @@

Tell us a story!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Welcome F4SF!

Look forward to your comments.

• bebu
    bebu

Welcome Faded4!!

"Any friend of Auld Soul is a friend of mine!!..." There's a chorus of that here, but it's true. He's a real gem on the board!

bebu

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hey, SlayerLayer! Figured you'd have to poke a jab at the board...now bend over to receive your kick.

Oh, and Craig (onacruse) a middle one wa-a-a-a-ay up to you, buddy. "Kook" indeed!

Well Faded4SoFar, now that the warm fuzzies are out of the way, jgnat has some good suggestions there.

Maybe some people here can help come up with questions or approaches you might try to get them to really analyze the religion without the risk of their analysis (and conclusions) being laid at your feet...would you rather have suggestions by PM or on this thread?

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

A belated welcome Faded4SoFar. Sorry I missed this thread earlier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit