My son just moved to South Bend ,Indiana......

by troubled mind 10 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Now my nest is officially empty ...........boohooo Will I ever stop worrying about my kids ? He moved thinking he would easily find a job ....two weeks later and still looking . So if you hear of any jobs there let me know ....... or if you have any survival advice for me

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I am the same, I worry about my kids all the time and now the grandkids make the list too. I will keep checking the thread for advise myself.

abr

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Will I ever stop worrying about my kids ?

Yes.

Need I say when?

Warlock

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We are just down the road from South Bend - 80 miles I think.

Hope he finds that job soon.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

Has he checked temporary job services to pay the bills until a permanent position comes up? I did that and ended up working permanently for one of the companies I temped at.

Blondie

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Will I ever stop worrying about my kids ? He moved thinking he would easily find a job ....two weeks later and still looking . I doubt you will ever stop worrying about your children. Out of sight does tend to go with out of mind.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Empty nest syndrome can be very difficult. It is like putting thirty years into a project and then suddenly you feel you're not needed anymore. But the good news is it eventually comes full circle and the kids and grandkids start needing you again.

I doubt you will ever stop worrying about your children though. That part never changes.

• Been there
    Been there

Yes, some moms do. The only thing I worry about now is if they are going to try and hit me up for money. One time all 3 of them tried at the same time. I asked if they were going to take care of me when I got old since I was going to be poor. I worry much more about the grandkids then I do the kids.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Two weeks isn't much time. Most higher-end jobs don't rush when they are hiring. He may have to take a "less-than-he-expects" job, until the big deal comes through. My husband didn't get any responses at all for almost 6 wks., then he had all kinds of offers rolling in.

What kind of job is your son looking for? Is he set on staying in South Bend? If there is anything opening up in my area (west-central INdiana), I could let you know!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Oh, I thought Blondie said she wound up working permanently at one of the companies she tempted at! Oops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit