MEMORIAL INVITE 2007

by CD 10 Replies latest jw friends

• CD
    CD

On, the Memorial invite's second page, it stated that 'Jesus gave his life for us 1,974 years ago'.....someone said, if you add 33 years to that, which was when he died...you get year 2,007 ?????

What could this mean? :) - hahaha

CD.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wouldn't the math always work that way? Next year...It will have been 1,975 years ago...add 33 years....and you get 2008.......I bet you already realised it, but I thought maybe I should point it out.

• CD
    CD

megamomma - very funny...LOL!!! - it just shows how ridiculous that org is.

Chazz4you

• garybuss
    garybuss

Ask any Witness who uses the 33 date, when Herod the Great died? Ask them if that seems important or not.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's just another example of a jw making something that is really meaningless sound important, they've done it lots of times before.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    On, the Memorial invite's second page, it stated that 'Jesus gave his life for us 1,974 years ago'.....someone said, if you add 33 years to that, which was when he died...you get year 2,007 ?????

I don't get the whole point. So what? Is 1974 years supposed to be significant in some way - what is your point?

Jeff

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Isnt that math incorrect since Jesus wasnt born at the year "1" but was born according to the JWs like BCE 2 or 3? He would have died then 1977 years ago?

And something to do with the number of miles from Philadelphia to Brooklyn via the Jersey Turnpike plus the number of mistresses Russell had minus the number of months Judge Rutherford was actually a Judge and....

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    On, the Memorial invite's second page, it stated that 'Jesus gave his life for us 1,974 years ago'.....

...and if you add 1 to that, you get 1975 - which was the year that the JWs were predicting the end of this system of things.

Sorry... I know it is silly... but so is their assertion.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe that's the 1975 that Freddie was talking about!! Watch out... the sky is falling! the sky is falling!! NEXT YEAR!!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Then add the number of miles from Worldheadquarters to, "The Great Pyramid of Gizeh" God's Stone Witness, corroborating Bibical time periods, i.e. one inch equals one year??????? to arrive at dates such as 1874 for the return of Christ?????So, the Memorial invite number is nothing new, they been doing this for over 100 years. Numerology is their game plan.

Just look back at all the numbers and dates from their history.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit