An Example of honesty wt Feb.2007

by bobld 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I could write a long list of JW offenses. That is why MT 6:1,2 is so appropriate as Avidbiblereader pointed out. The hypocrites are the ones who need to advertize their good deeds in order to minimize the bad deeds.

Regular people who don't make false claims to be special have no need to do so. We do good and bad don't think much of it.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

this story was on the news in uk this week...this is the cnn report..but on uk tv they reported the follow-up..

S. O'BRIEN: Well you guys have heard of pennies from heaven, right? How about pounds from heaven? Did you hear this story? Take a look at this. This is a scene in a small town in Wales this week. A guy yells out who wants free money and then throws about 5,000 pounds out of his car window.

ROBERTS: It took people a little while to react.

S. O'BRIEN: Yes. Well, you know, they were like what's going on? Nine thousand dollars, U.S. dollars. He was later arrested for drunk driving. And now police are trying to get all that cash back because they're not sure where he got the money from. That's probably not going to happen.

ROBERTS: I guess they're checking local banks and the newspapers to see if there were any robberies.

S. O'BRIEN: Yes.

ROBERTS: Yes.

LEE: Was it a single pound? Was it 5 pound notes?

S. O'BRIEN: I don't know, but it was a lot. And you're right, they watch and they're like huh.

LEE: Funny what you do after a few cocktails.

S. O'BRIEN: It is.

ROBERTS: I don't think I'd ever do that.

the guy in the car had just recieved the money from a friend who had died...he said that in his anguish he didnt want the money he wanted his friend back..so he threw it away..in hindsight tho he regretted it..which is why he was extremely pleased that almost everyone that scrambled for it chose not to keep it but handed it in to the police who returned almost all of it to him..

dont think they were all jws

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

By a 3-1 ratio, this experiment showed that people will return a lost wallet: http://nwitimes.com/articles/2007/01/17/features/lifestyles/6726d3d3b0eb92d08625725f007e3e9f.txt

The JWs don't hold a monopoly on moral, honest behavior; actually, based on so many of the experiences I've read here, I'd say just the opposite!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit