Do JWs know who the king of the north is?

by cultswatter 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I think they used to believe that germany was the kng of the north. What is their official take on that. BTW does the Rev grand climax book talk about that ?

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Id like to here more about this too. My family are doing an email 'study' with me right now and Id like some more info on this topic.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The last thought was that it was Russia. That fell apart when Russia crumbled, so there is no current interpretation on who it might be. I know of JWs that eagerly wait for the new interpretation, which makes me amused that would trust the new version if the old version was wrong.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Nup, they havn't got a clue.

Actually, despite e-watchman's eccentricities, I think he actually has some very valid points on this subject.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

They would like for you to believe that has a fullfillment for the time we are living in but I don't think so. The King of the North that the Bible speaks of is Babylon. Anyway that is my guess.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Russia still wields power.

See Iraq and China negotiations for confirmation.

They still have UN juice.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I am pretty sure that Kent Steinhaug ist the King of the North. ;-)

• penny2
    penny2

From April 22, 1966 AWAKE!

"However, the facts of history in fulfillment of this reliable Bible prophecy identify primarily today the Soviet Union as the final "king of the north" and primarily the opposing Anglo-American combine as the last "king of the south." Yes, the prophecy touches our lives!"

penny2

• JH
    JH

Ask me what the winning numbers for tonight's draw will be, and I'll give you the winning numbers only tomorrow when it's written in the news paper for everyone to see.

Same thing with the Watchtower, they will tell us who the King of the North is, once it's obvious to everyone...

Nothing here people....disperse.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The World and his wife has at one point been King of the north!

Your right about Germany..in the first half of the 20th century it was perceived as king of north...then the mantle passed to Soviet union..when that collapsed,well,who knows.For a completely whacked out explanation please see the Daniel book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit