Governing Body; Old/New Light

by Mikeus 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yesidid
    yesidid

If it doesn't matter what was taught by them fifty years ago, why does the WBTS bring up things the Catholic church did

seven hundred years ago. If the modern Catholic church is to be blamed for something they did seven hundred years ago

the WBTS is responsibile for its wrong doctrines.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Amen, yesidid!

That is SOOOO true. They wish to demonize other religions based on a criterion they disallow anyone to apply to their religion (past bad acts, past/current false teachings). How hypocritical is that?

If current false teachings can be forgiven based on the teaching that new light might come out on that issue, the same can be said for any false doctrine held true by any religion. Which reduces JWs to equal footing with every other religion.

JWs hold themselves as the only true religion and adherence to the religion's current dogma as the only path to true spiritual enlightenment. Which puts them far beneath more humble religions.

The one who seeks to be first is last. The one that exalts himself is brought low. They are fulfilling Bible "prophecy" after all. Just not in the way they think.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A couple of articles that will help you are

http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/holyspirit.htm for quotes where they say they are directed by Jehovah, Angels and HS. If directed by God how can they make mistakes, such as trusting in pyramids. How many wrong doctrine appear in the Bible?

http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/light.htm for why "new light" is contradictory. If a religion can make up new doctrine on a whim, what makes JWs any different or better than any other religion. (A JW will answer that only they have the core doctrine right, which is garbage, as their core doctrine is shared by Worldwide Church of God, Bible Students and Christadelphians)

http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/5min.htm which lists doctrine that they were holding in 1919 when they were already supposedly in a cleansed position.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yes the Watchtower are devious with their wording, they use the term 'New Light' to give the impression of something refreshing, appealing, a revelation perhaps, when all it is really is a dressed up way of admitting 'yes we've f**ked up but it doesn't matter does it?'. I ask this though : if this is supposed to be Gods spirit directed organisation, why has it made so many mistakes in doctrine (old/new light) like this? To me this confirms either of two things:

1. The Holy Spirit is imperfect.

2. The Holy spirit isn't directing this JW Organisation at all.

Of course there is the possibility that the Holy Spirit doesn't exist at all but in this case for the sake of the question pondered i'm advocating its existence.

• dark angle
    dark angle

i thank god, i was able to get here. i was borne as witness and all the years i have been taught to listen and obey jehovah through the direction of the GB. my father was an ex DO, CO, and SP and have been a devout follower until he died. my mother also is very devoted to our faith. so i was really a hardcore jw. however, as grow old i have a lot of questions about the gb which scared everyone in the our cong. questions such as who could verify the their claim to a channel of jehovah is true? is there any evidence inside or outside the organization that could test that claim? for years i have been very discreet about asking such questions because of fear that my family or any member might think that i am an apostate. however, since i got online this month, i was able to browse several sites that offered free expresion of thought & inquires. one of the best i saw was here. thanks everyone!i'll be reading all of your interesting ideas

• concerned elder
  • cultswatter
    cultswatter

JWs always resort to the "new light" when cornered. All their doctrines are basically from the egomaniac false prophet Rutherford.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit