What do you think of this?

by mrsjones5 22 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My son, Joshua - the 3 year old, loves the US flag (he has a couple mini ones), any map of the United States (even the little weather map in the newspaper), the Statue of Liberty (likes to pose as such and is fixated on looking a picture of said statue) and is now starting to take an interest in the federal buildings in D.C.

We really don't know that to think about this other than keeping him supplied with maps, flags, and pictures of the Statue of Liberty.

What do you all think?

Josie

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think the little guys interests in geography should be encouraged. He sounds like a smart kid.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Sounds good to me MrsJ!

How about getting a scrapbook for him to stick all the pics in or helping him to make a big collage of the US/flag/statue out of all the small pics - and he could put it on his bedroom wall maybe?

Also might you be able to interest him in other countries flags and maps?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    What do you all think?

Looks like he's going to become head of "Homeland Security" when he grows up. If there is guerrilla warfare by then, looks like he may form a "Patriotic Movement" of some kind. Someone's going to have to save the country. It might as well be him.

Warlock

• Gopher
    Gopher

Kaplan Toys (www.kaplantoys.com) has a United States floor puzzle that sells for about $10.

United States Floor Puzzle

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My son is six and has been into this for years too. LOVES puzzles, is interested in various states (Wisconsin has LOTS of cheese, in case you didn't know!)and loves to tell me facts. He can ID states w/o names on them better than I could! It will only help him in whatever direction he eventually goes in.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I remember having a US map puzzle when I around five and I really liked it. Later on in school I always did great at geography and being able to name the states. Including those little New England ones that are not even big enough qualify as a county in most states.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

"and is now starting to take an interest in the federal buildings in D.C."

Jeez how about getting the kid a tv and introducing him to SpongeBob?!?! ;-D

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he sounds like a smart kid!

when i was a little kid, i was obsessed with RAMBO, and WWF wrestling, much to the humor of my parents. they let me paste clippings of sylvester stalone (sic) blowing people away all over my walls. i'd spend hours in my room practicing for the WWF "try outs". you know, i'd wear my ginch on the outside of my longjohns, and hang out on top of the couch waiting to elbow drop my little sister "from the top rope" when she passed by unexpectantly.

and look at me! i turned out fine! lol!

tetra

• parakeet
    parakeet

Don't worry about it, mrsjones. Next year, it'll be dinosaurs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit