Anyone in GA willing to help expose a pedophile?

by DebraDoll 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I am in Georgia but I would not help anyone on this forum. If you were on a Witness email group, then that is another story.

WOW...I had to sit down for a moment. I could hardly believe what I read. How insane is that thinking?

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Did, or does, the perp have authority in a congregation?

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

Well after getting my hopes up due to the very kind and caring elder I have been in contact with thus far, they were shattered. I am in deep disappointment and anger with myself that I allowed my defenses and expectations to tilt. How could I have expected anything more than the response I got when I finally contacted the p.o. in Steves's congregation?!? I was given his name and number by the elder who wanted to be involved and wanted action taken, aggressively and genuinely I might add. He filled in the p.o. with everything we talked about. I left a voicemail for him on Sunday and by lastnight there was no response. So here I try again, he answers, I identify myself, tell him I'm from NY and who referred me. He says nothing. Silence. I'm like ; Hello? He says "Yea?" I ask him if he knows why I am calling? "Yes." Silence again. I told him that X.X. gave me his number and told me that he was the one who would be taking action against Steve. "OK." Silence. I finally got a bit more animated and asked him if he was going to advise me, that this nightmare has gone unchecked for 30+ years, that sexual predators did not "heal" and the statistical recidivism was too awful to ignore and that I was led to believe that jw's now were coming to light with this. He, omg, he says; "I don't know who you are. I can't do anything. Have the elders in your congregation contact us about this matter. It will lend more credence to your accusation. I have had other calls like this in the past about other brothers. I don't know you. What congregation do you belong to?" From the first contact with the elders there I told them clearly that I was no longer a witness! The XX elder actually expressed empathy to me about even that fact. I couldn't believe it. I asked him when this plan went into effect because the elders in another kh told me to go to STEVE'S elders! "Which congregation told you this?" I tell him that for one, Plymouth NC. Now please sit down for this one, he goes "Is that the congregation you attend?"Did I miss entering the Twilight Zone when NY moved south? Wow, I asked him straight up at that point; "Are you implying that you will not help me?" He said "Have the elders in your congregation call me." I hung up. So there is the real attitude, the real, most current, still keep em in the closet attitude of jw's. After all these years they are still protecting him. It sickens me to think how many other little girls he's destroyed.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Same shit, different day. And yet, we have Grissom's shining example of how things have really changed for the better in "Jehovah's organization." brunn

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Grissom is only "sort of" in Georgia, anyway. He's likely in Georgia most of the times he posts here. He is some ways from Dallas, GA, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit