Jehovahs witness men who trade old wives in for new....

by candidlynuts 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Canyoncarver
    Canyoncarver

If everyone here is honest with themselves this should come as ZERO surprise considering, when you're raised a JW and are blessed/cursed with a sex drive, there are two options. Get married young (when you don't even know yourself much less anyone else) or get into trouble.

In my case I found myself at 30 getting out of a 10 year marriage I never should have entered into. I have remarried and am happier than I've ever been and here's the rub, she's almost 6 years older than I am. So it's not always younger women, it's just new women. Let's also not forget there are myriads of unhappily married witness women who do the same thing.

The fact that men are attracted to young attractive women should be no surprise as this has been happening since the dawn of time. If you still believe in the bible, angels had the same affliction.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I hate resurrecting old thread but this one caught my eye and brought back sad memories.

A lady that my JW mother in law studied with came into the religion and pretty soon the lady's hubby and my Father in law also came into the religion.

Forward several years and they all became good friends. Did several things together. Hubby and I included at times.

Well apparently he secretly had eyes for another lady at the hall, in the mean time his wife came down with terminal cancer. She was one of the sweetest people I have ever known and he was a really fun guy to be around. But....

She got cancer and he decides he has to have this other woman now. He divorces his wife and leaves his grown daughter to take care of her through her sickness and ultimate death. She would no longer talk to her father who had gotten disfellowshipped for his deeds.
    The sick wife was heartbroken and I know that she might have been able to fight the cancer had he put his selfish desires aside and helped his once cheished wife that he used to love so much. He could have waited just a little while..but he had to have his way.

A year or two later she is still fighting for her life and her ex is reinstated!!!!
    Him and his new wife kept attending the same KH as his ex wife. She had to constantly be reminded.
    She died not to long after..

I am glad I wasn't going then because I would have done/said something that may have gotten me arrested!
    I still feel so sad for her after all this time..and wonder if he and his was it worth it gal are still married..
    God I hate selfish people...

His daughter finally did forgive her Dad as she needed him in her life after her Mom passed away.

Snoozy

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Jesus provided him with some personal redemption, that he took for himself.

Sounds like a real cold hearted and selfish cad of a man.

Another thing, what kind of woman was this second one really like knowing all of this.

Perhaps she took up that special redemption for herself as well.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is an area that has been cracked down over the last few years. If an appointed man does "behave treacherously with the wife of his youth", as they say, it is highly unlikely he will regain his "privileges" for a very long time. We'll have to wait and see if the theory is actually practised. It seems that their have been numerous reasons given to justify these actions in the past, I wonder if they will still water?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Why trade when you can just test drive?

Judge Dread

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The thing with the Witnesses is that there are so many really attractive single women around - way more than men. It's easy for a fairly average guy to marry a really attractive and much younger woman.

I have to agree. JW men are men like any other men. They are not better than "worldly" people and they get divorced just like "worldly" people do. Even the hardcore JW elders find themselves getting divorced. Many get DF'ed for the way they did it. In the "world," that divorce would not result in shunning from everyone.

But after the fallout, many are still cult members who have not freed their minds. We can all relate to that. They might marry the woman they cheated with or they might remain unattached and come back. They are surrounded by younger women in the congregation that want a husband. I tell you what- I am not the type that could enjoy conversation with a woman 15 or more years younger than me, but I doubt most of the mind-controlled men are thinking about conversations when they have much younger women showing heavy interest in them.

When your typical "brother" has a choice of dating younger women or women his age, he is likely to choose the younger ones. When he cannot have sex with her unless he marries her, and she wants that, he'll do it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If an appointed man does "behave treacherously with the wife of his youth", as they say, it is highly unlikely he will regain his "privileges" for a very long time. We'll have to wait and see if the theory is actually practised.

With the current shortage of men who even want to be a MS or elder, that "very long time" seems likely to get shorter and shorter.

• zagor
    zagor

Hell yeah. I've seen it. Just one example, a hubby rooted someone, then got dfd and then filed for divorce. A year later found himself a brand new bride some 20 years his junior. While at the same time his aging wife was forced to do all sorts of jobs to survive. Eventually poor woman started taking care of a guy in a wheelchair who needed someone to help him do house chores from time to time. What do you think happened next? She was reprimanded for spending time with another man alone in his house. It didn't matter that his packer wouldn't get a hard on if it was connected to the main power grid. Talk about hypocracy

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah, hah! Yeah, I remember one boy - and I had a crush on him when I was a teenager; he was a few years older than me - he ended up with a "revolving door" marriage situation...

Just to be a brat, I'm going to name names - er, sort of... Let's call this guy.... "Revolving-door Johnny"! "Johnny" - Mc-something... Uhm, McMillan! Yeah, let's call this guy "Revolving-door-Johnny - McMillan"... And lets say that he went to... uh,... The Aurora, Colorado congregation - way back when Aurora only HAD one congregation...

This knucklehead went thru THREE wives - at least, he was on number 3 when I either lost count, lost interest, or DA'd myself... Same pattern... He'd commit adultery, be DF'd, then in a few years he was back with another wife!

Hilarious! But the inevitable result of a cult that - for some BIZARRE reason, given its extremely misogynistic leanings - tended to attract FAR MORE WOMEN THAN MEN... Jaw-dropping...

Zid

• dgp
    dgp

Interesting. I agree that the fact that you can't divorce honorably might explain a thing or two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit