No good deed goes unpunished

by twinkletoes 19 Replies latest jw friends

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

I'd send a note to the inconsiderate little prick saying

"If god didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat"?

Then I'd send a letter to that PO bringing this to his attention and stating that the next time they come to help you will not be interested in hosting an event.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    we received an anonymous letter saying that we had stumbled all the brothers in this visiting congregation

I would send the PO of that cong. a letter apologizing that someone could be so
    inconsiderate to:

1. forget to say that meat might be served at a BBQ.
    2. forget to put up a sign explaining what specific conversations to avoid.
    3. not include a written invitation explaining the lifestory of every single guest
    including their spiritual condition.
    4. not inspect each guest upon arrival for worldly slogans on their clothing,
    proper skirt length, and tightness of clothing.

I would go on to say- It's a good thing we cancelled the rap music, magician, and orgy.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Send an apology to the brother™ along with a package of blood sausage wrapped in Christmas paper.

W

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Keeping this story short, we found out that this brother (MS) was a vegetarian and was stumbled at the bbq food on the menu,

This is really, really stupid. I mean REALLY stupid.

Warlock

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Quandry,

The invited congregation was NOT at all stumbled, it was only this one brother (a Ministerial Servant) who made this statement in his letter and sent it to us anonymously.

With (2 out of 3) vegetarians in our own family, we were very well aware of people’s eating preferences. We therefore catered for both types, with LOTS of real meat and also meat substitute products. In our pursuance of the brother who sent this letter, the elders became fully aware of what had happened, but as usual did nothing.

It was the smell and the eating of meat, that made this brother retaliate the way he did. He could have just left, but he chose to stay, and then write this letter when he arrived home.

Don’t forget that when no food arrived (as had been promised!) we had to dig from the freezer - Catering for 100 people or so is not too easy!

Twinkletoes and Kaytee

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Send an apology to the brother™ along with a package of blood sausage wrapped in Christmas paper.

Need to put up a laugh warning on this one...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This kind of crap gets mentioned frequently in advice columns by people wondering how not to offend anyone. There are always people ready to be indignant and offended. If they didn't have something to complain about they will go looking for something. People are nuts that way-JWs and worldly. Tell them if they are stumbled that they ought to damn well tie their shoes! jeez.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    It was the smell and the eating of meat, that made this brother retaliate the way he did. He could have just left, but he chose to stay, and then write this letter when he arrived home

Why would the idiot show up at a BBQ if he really can't stand being around meat? I would send a letter to him,his congregation and my own. In it I would state that I am the one who has been stubbled and will never be able to attend another meeting because of his actions. I would also tell them that since receiving his letter I can't even drive by a KH without the smell of burning flesh and BBQ sauce filling my mind. Why not make the best out of a rude situation?

• whyizit
    whyizit

It seems logical that every meat-eating JW chowing on the BBQ at the party should have received the same note. I've never heard that BBQ is forbidden by the WTS. Seems like you could write in and say that the lack of love and appreciation shown by these comments has caused YOU to stumble. You are starting to feel that members of the WTS aren't as full of the "brotherly love" as they claim.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Well i've experienced a similar sort of thing in the form of helping a sister out by taking her & her 3 children to the meetings & back home every Sunday & Thursday. This went on for about a year. This sister did nothing but moan & annoy the f**k out of me all the way to the KH & back EVERY visit. She would make negative comments about life in general, always picking fault with the other Brothers & Sisters, complaining about her lot in life and how hard done by she is, whinging that Armaggeddon hasn't come yet, digging at the Elders for how they run the place, problems with money, her neighbours etc etc. Honestly she just went on and on and on and by the time you got to the KH you felt so depressed you just felt like finding the nearest convenient rafter on the ceiling and throwing a rope over it and hanging yourself. She knew she was annoying me but she just carried on and hey i never asked her for money for the trips and had no obligation to take her if i didn't want to.

But you see what happens when your just trying to help someone. I'm not saying ALL people will have a distinct lack of gratitude like this particular individual but you would expect more from a member of 'God's orgainsation' and a supposed practicing Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit