If it really is the end, WHERE ARE THEY?

by Do Not Call 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

If it's true that the end is so close (Matt. 24 fulfilled etc.), then why aren't elders, JW family members and friends
    beating down our doors, pleading with us to go back?

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this lack of concern?
    We're not DA'ed or DF'ed, yet nobody calls or visits. (Not that we'd go back, but they don't know that.)

DNC (feeling a little unloved by parents, sniff)
    XX

• JH
    JH

I'm amazed that the brother that brought me to the Organization, a former friend and now elder, never came over here to see me and try to reason with me. I was so sure, when he became elder some 10 years ago, that he would come over A) because we were good friends, B) because he is the one who brought me into this religion, and C) because he is an elder and can lower himself to come over and see me.

A few years ago, I remember and elders saying that once it will be too late to join the JW's, they would still preach but this time, preach a message of doom, not of salvation. I don't know if this changed.

Coming back to why they don't come and try to save us, I figure that it's a lack of love on their part or they are just happy to see those who didn't follow die.

Oh, Im sure they will say, "we tried to bring you back many times but you wouldn't listen".

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    DNC (feeling a little unloved by parents, sniff)

So sorry to hear that DNC, but hey, if misery loves company then I'm right by your side. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/124420/1.ashx

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Some people are hiding from the elders and some are complaining that there are no elders to hide from. Go figure.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think it's because they are selfish and never really wanted to share their Spiritual Paradiseā„¢ with me and my family to begin with.

lisa

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jehovah's Witnesses is Disneyland for dipsticks. It's the magic kingdom without sno-cones, a virtual reality. It's daydreaming with a script.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Not only are they not checking on DF'd ones, they're not coming round our neighbourhood at all. We didn't even get the all important tract campaign. Not a soul. Not a tract left in the door. Nada. Yeah...can you FEEL the urgency?! LOL!

• Green Chille
    Green Chille

Our street is not very frinedly to JWs....and I don't care to see a JW knocking on my door. BUT it is true...I haven't seen not one JW in about a year.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hi DNC

You have a good point there. When I look back on the JWs teachings, I realise how they tried to brain-wash us into being hard and cold individuals. Quite often they would say that when Armageddon came, we would see dead bodies everywhere, and even if they were our family members (who obviously were not faithful JWs) we would NOT feel sorry, as Jehovah would wipe away the memories of them. Usually followed by the comment - It wouldn't be paradise if we felt sorry for ones who had died at Armageddon!

Since coming out of the JWs, I have realised that there are some very, very good and caring people in the world who are not JWs

So sorry to hear that you are being shunned by your mum, that's hard to take, but hopefully she will see-through the cult before too long.

Love

Twinkletoes

XX

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

They take on the attributes of their God.......Oh so loving and caring untill you do one little thing...then its all fire and brimstone on your a$$!! If our families are the same, then I bet they are all relishing the thought of us "wicked ones" being "faint out of fear" and then BAM....dead.

I know the pain. ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit