COLLEGE?!?!?!? for Me !!?!?

by purplesofa 13 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

You go girl, it will be the time of your life whatever you chose to do.

I remeber those time as some of the best days of my life. It is not just learning and study alone but the entire atmosphere surrounding college.

Even today, one of my biggest dreams is to return there and teach as a professor.

And you might well find friends there that will be friends for life, just like I have.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Go for it purps!!

I'm doing BA theologyIt was something I'd always wanted to study but I saw it as being a waste of money because I thought only ministers needed theology degrees!! A few years back I discovered I can get into all kinds of other careers with it, so I just went for it!

With what you mentioned, it looks like you'd enjoy a course based on design - interior design, textile design, or go for the landscape design on a smaller scale maybe - I'd love someone to redesign my garden - it doesn't need chemistry or anything, just someone who knows what combination of flowers and shrubs to use to make it look nice! Maybe there are basic,general horticulture courses you can take.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    My advice for anyone wanting to go to school
    would be to first know exactly what you want
    to do.

That doesn't work for everyone. Many start out going for one reason,
    but changing reasons along the way.

Talk to college counsellors- they love to help people. They are the
    one set of beaurocrats (sp) that actually want to help you.

Consider getting your basic courses out of the way while you are
    deciding what to do? You will have math, english, social studies-
    stuff like that.

IMO- you could focus on a path toward social worker or teacher.
    That would go with your desire to help women.

This is a great thing for you, Purps. More power to you.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Interior design. And...when you start your own company, hire only women, make only women managers and reps. Set your own goals. It sounds great to me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit