Why do the JW's prefer scaring people than show true love?

by JH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Join or be destroyed, rather than show true love like Jesus said the true Christians should have

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Because that is effective in a cult. It is so funny how they claim that they are th only religion that shows true love in the world. They are soooo full of crap!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I agree JH, I believe this is one huge fault of religion in general, if you scare people in to servitude, it will work for awhile but not in the long term and certainly with the sincerity that it should be even if you can fool man. I believe that if you instill love of God people would do right and when they made a mistake, it is between them and God, if the heart is right they will try not to repeat it and let it be at that. But scaring people with a hell fire or a DFing or dying at Armageddon will only hold people for so long. You cannot deny what is in the heart forever. Love was and is the theme of Christ teaching, then Paul said you were called to freedom.

abr

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Because to truly love someone, takes effort. It's easier to judge, than to exert energy and love. That way nothing is required of them.

I've gotten so much hatred and down-right meanness from my mother the last week, I just look at her and wonder how you can treat someone that you carried inside you worse than a stranger. This is why we could never live in the same state.

shell

• xjwms
    xjwms

JH

Good point

Have you been under pressure lately?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's just the nature of the beast.

• agapa37
    agapa37

Man JH it seems like you have real issues with the brothers. I am sorry you have had such a time with those people, but I think there's a time, when one must move on and if able to be an EXAMPLE. It seems to me you are either beating yourself up over the fact that these people are not behaving like Chritians and its driving you crazy because you wish they would so you can go back or you are just stirring the pot because you have nothing better to do.

• Scully
    Scully
    you are just stirring the pot because you have nothing better to do.

Pot, meet Kettle.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    Join or be destroyed

Yes it seems to be a common trait in Organised Religion to give people an ultimatum in this manner, and like you say where is the Christian love in this?

Good point

LFCV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit