Never did they say, "These are the words of Jehovah"

by xjwms 17 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Remember that Awake March 22, 1993 on page 4.......in the left side of the page

They mentioned that in the eagerness...suggesting dates....they did'nt presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.

NOTICE: They did'nt say " These are the words of Jehovah"

its that they decided all by themselves.

What do you think?

• garybuss
    garybuss

They've admitted in print that their writings are nothing but speculations (guesses). That's not a problem for six and a half million suckers.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

That's just their lame response to the false prophet charge. Its true the never used that particular phrase in connection with a particular prophesy, however, they have stated numerous times they are God's channel of communication on earth today. So, they don't need to say that phrase to make the r&f think that the prophesies are indeed directly from Jehovah. Its understood.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Are they or not giving God's food at the proper time? If God appointed them the faithful and discrete slave does this mean they can feed you whatever they want, good or bad food and the master doesn't care what the slave feeds his household? We can only eat food that the slave gives us, but they are only human and can cook up a bad batch, now and then. I guess God is too busy to bring the end now, so we can just wait and wait and wait, but have faith it's soon.

Ken P.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Some years ago when Fred Franz was testifying in court he said that The Watchtower was the very word of Jehovah God. Judge Rutherford said the same thing.

Blueblades

• Warlock
    Warlock

They mentioned that in the eagerness...suggesting dates....they did'nt presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.

NOTICE: They did'nt say " These are the words of Jehovah"

its that they decided all by themselves.

So then, who speaks for Jehovah, since they don't?

You can't say you are the only channel on earth that speaks for God, and then say you don't speak for God.

Warlock

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

to carry on from an earlier post. . .

and if you refuse to eat the bad food we will boot you out the door

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Everything in older mags is "God's promise" or "the prophetic truth" or whatever.
    When it fails to come true, "We didn't say it in Jehovah's Name."

Remember when you were kids, "NO, I said I would do the dishes- I didn't say NOW."
    "I had my fingers crossed. It doesn't count."

This is one of those immature arguments. Why don't they take their ball and go home?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

At the beginning of 1982, the Society placed the following text in the Awake! masthead:

Most importantly, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new order before the generation that saw the events of 1914 C.E. passes away. (January 1 1982)

That lasted for thirteen years!

• I quit!
    I quit!

The Watchtower wants it both ways. They want the authority of a Biblical prophet but not the responsiblily of one. They want to tell you what to do and threaten to have God kill you if you don't listen to them but they skip over the part where they get rocks bounced off their heads for getting something wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit