Snow .................again.

by Mulan 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

7AM and it is snowing pretty hard and has been for a few hours. Schools closed again. Poor kids............I wonder if they will have any summer left after making up snow days this year.

They say it will be rain in a few hours. It's still dark, so I am hoping it doesn't start melting before the sun comes up.

• Princess
    Princess

There was an article in the Seattle Times last Saturday that said the schools may not have to make up all the snow days. The governor declared a state of emergency or natural disaster (can't remember exactly what it was) on December 15 when we had the huge windstorm that knocked out power to most of the state. It hasn't yet been lifted and the districts can petition the state to have the lost days waived from Dec 15 on. If so, they'll only have to make up three days and two are already built into the school calendar. They were to be released on June 20, a Wednesday. If they only make up the three days, Monday the 25th will be their last day with a noon release. If they do have to make up all the snow days, they'll be in until June 28...so far. We usually don't have snow days until February so I'm not holding my breath anymore.

It's pretty, that's for sure. We have a plumbing company and are getting overloaded with calls for freeze breaks now that we are thawing out. Unfortunately, the roads are not passable right now at 7:45. Hopefully this will turn to rain soon and I can send him out. For now, I'm going to make another pot of coffee.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit