Why don't JW friends come over and say hello?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

If you look anything like your avatar I would not say hello either...

• JH
    JH

But Becca, Jesus died for me too

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Simple, the organization has them all to busy with the meetings, peddling magazines, marking up the publications, etc, to worry about doing genuinely meaningful acts of Christian kindness.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Basically, the organization teaches Dubs to be selfish and self-serving while under pretense of caring..They are so busy worrying about doing everthing to make sure they have everlasting life, they don't have time to make real caring relationships with friends work...Thats why so many like to drop by on "friends" who are spiritually weak, when they are out on service..Makes them look like good caring people , plus they can count an extra few hours on their reports.

JW doctrine makes them think like mindcontrolled drones anyways, I don't think they even understand what having a good time means anymore,,,Everything you do ,,you have to worry about stumbling others,,or in some way displeasing God so that you might lose out on everlasting life.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I was fortunate in the last hall I was in before I DA'd I had many friends who would call me or visit me when I was sick or just needed some company. Every congregation is different. Generally, the love was not there in the org but there were always exceptions.

tall penguin

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi JH - actually that nonsense makes me angry! What is their issue? Maybe because we are baptised they can't count time on us. But at the same time you know they are lurking in the shadows just waiting for you to stuff up. When that happens they will be back in your life in a flash!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why don't JW friends come over and say hello?

Because they're not friends. The "well you can find me here at the hall all the time" excuse is a copout. A true friend will call you on the phone or come to the house to, at the very least, see if you're still alive.

A person who has only JW "friends" risks dying in his home and rotting for 20 years before it occurs to someone to break down the door and check up on him.

W

• JH
    JH
    A person who has only JW "friends" risks dying in his home and rotting for 20 years before it occurs to someone to break down the door and check up on him.

Back in 1996, I used to go visit an older brother about twice a week. He used to go to a few meetings like me, maybe once a week, and I picked him up, since he had no car. He had a heart condition and had a pacemaker since years.

I had no news from him for about 2 days, so I went over and saw 2 news papers in front of his door and other stuff lying there. Knowing that this wasn't normal, I went to see an elder, the PO, and told him that we should enter his apartment and see if all is OK. I knew that something was wrong, since he didn't answer the phone and all the newspaper in front of his door.

So, finally the elder accepted to come with me, and we opened the door to his apartment, and he was dead in his bed since a few days.

If I wouldn't have insisted on going there, no JW would have went or phoned him. Like you said Finally Free, he would be rotting if I wouldn't have went there.

I don't know that brother's history, but he was considered weak in the truth, just like I was, and that's why we fit together so well.

I was 36 at the time, and he was 56. He had no friends.

• geevee
    geevee

I had been thinking along these lines the other day. So some may know that we fade due to reason XYZ. Leaving the issue aside, what if they just called in, rang...only to say hello [not addressing XYZ] but worked hard to stay in touch, would that make fading harder?
    Most seem scared to even say hello down the street, shopping etc, like we are some kind of monster [the monsters are still allowed to go to meetings!].
    Like you, I dont get it. Very thin veil called friendship!

• JH
    JH
    what if they just called in, rang...only to say hello [not addressing XYZ] but worked hard to stay in touch, would that make fading harder?

Probably, it would be harder to fade away, but since we know that, they should know that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit