Stealing the publisher's card - how beneficial? how successful?

by Inquisitor 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I believe that it's the biggest "proof" of baptism. So if someone were to say "prove it" concerning their baptism and no card was around I don't know what they would do.

• sspo
    sspo
    elders cannot effectively take any disciplinary action against me.

If there is wrong conduct involved, elders will definetely take actions.

Publisher card only gives them some information about baptism, address, hours in service, ms or elder and that's it, very often when one is lost they just make a new one and don't worry at all about your history.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Thanks for your reply, sspo. It was spot on. Just what I was wanting to know.

Yeah, I had an inkling that it wouldn't be that simple. I must be kidding myself to think that no one else had thought of this being a possible option to screw their disciplinary system.

Say, you sure know a lot about an American sect for an Iranian, sspo. How does that work?

INQ

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

The trick is to make your record card "disappear" while you are still under the radar.

I "moved" out of my congregation and gave a non-witness family member's address as the mailing address of my new secretary. They sent my card and letter of recommendation to that address. I essentially then disappeared. No elder body was 'responsible for me' or wondering why I was missing meetings.

It then leads to confusion as to what congregation has the responsibility to form the judicial committee even if they catch up with you.

At one point, Bethel was looking at forming a non-congregational judicial committee on me but that fell through. After 8 years of active opposition I am still neither df'ed nor have i written a letter of disassociation. I see no need. Now I am living life and don't really care about the ball-less and powerless elder bodies. The only power they have is that which you give to them.

Uzzah

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My God! Is there a wall with barbed wire and checkpoints you must pass over also? Sometimes I read these threads and remember what an oppressive group this truly is. . .escaping!! People actually have to escape the WT. Good thing this group ISN'T into guns, could you imagine our fate if the 'world's' restrictions on killing apostate relatives ceased? I bet the WT could find some new light to justify mass killings of apostates. Wonder what the JW equivalent in Islam is? You know, you got the nice, normal muslims going about their daily business. ..and then the others. Not so nice.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

It would probably keep you from being df'd or da'd unless they REALLY wanted to get you. Also bear in mind that if you were ever appointed (pioneer, MS, elder) they have other records of youin the congo and at Bethel.

tsof

• penny2
    penny2

At some stage the cards must go into a "Don't remember that person" section. I attended a meeting about 2 years after I stopped turning in a FS report. There was a part on the CO's assessment of the congregation and the speaker said, "It was pleasing to see there are no inactive publishers in the congregation." I felt very happy about that comment because it meant my "card" was no longer being counted in any category (you are classed as "inactive" if you haven't reported for 6 consecutive months).

The funny part was, in general conversation the elders were still treating me like I was a fully fledged JW. Even after I stopped going to meetings (5 - 6 years ago), I've never been harrassed and if I happen to meet JWs now, they are quite friendly. I don't go out of my way to meet them though.

penny2

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    So if someone were to say "prove it" concerning their baptism and no card was around I don't know what they would do.

In my case I guess they would have to call in Little Toe as a witness to my baptism! Lol!

Would he cooperate?

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit