Stealing the publisher's card - how beneficial? how successful?

by Inquisitor 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Gee... the title almost sounds like a WTS publication doesn't it?

Anyway, I remember how some of you guys talk of (and actually do) making your publisher cards magically disappear. Two questions:

1) How does doing so benefit you? Does it mean the congregation that is supposed to have your card cannot take any judicial action against you?(i.e. unable to disfellowship you etc, since missing your publisher card, you are not technically a member of their cong)

2) Hasn't any evil Dubs caught on to our tricks since and taken preventive measures?

INQ

• blondie
    blondie

If you have access to the box, you can talk your own, I suppose.

Otherwise you can have the secretary mail them to an address that is really not an elder, let alone in the congregation. Not a good idea to do between congregations where the secretaries know each other.

You could burn down the KH (just a joke) but not all congregations keep the cards at the KH.

Blondie

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Sorry Blondie, I didn't mean to ask "how do you do it?"

I was wondering whether making the card disappear means the elders of that congregation cannot touch you in any disciplinary fashion since, without your publisher card, you are technically not a member of their congregation.

INQ

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

A few years ago, someone did break in and steal a bunch of the cards. It made the elders tense and watchful. They've probably learned their lesson and stopped holding the cards at the hall. That, or they put them in a safe now.

• sspo
    sspo

The publisher card is the least of your problems.

What's on your mind?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

We were some of those people - FreedomLoverr and I. You can read about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/106591/1.ashx

On the off-chance you want to fade somewhat quietly it makes sense to pretend to have them mailed to a new congregation. (There are people on this messageboard who are elders that can call and sound elder-like and pose as your new secretary) because it essentially means you no longer exist to them.

If you leave quietly and your cards are no longer there it means that the Circuit Overseer won't come through asking why the cards haven't been sent out yet. It keeps you off the radar by not being mentioned.

Nothing can ultimately stop an elder from tracking you down and making a lesson out of you - but there's nothing wrong with making it harder for them to follow through.

As long as you moved away and don't generally seem a threat to the congregation you moved from, they'll likely leave you alone.

-ithinkisee

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I thought about doing this - but then elected to quit playing their silly little games and DA'd.

Getting counseling that helps one leave a cult in the rearview mirror - $700

Telling them to take thier lies and manipulation and stick in a dark place - Priceless.

Jeff

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Inquisitor,

One thing to remember if you were fortunate enough to get your hands on those cards is, that they are filled out manually, and that they are not supposed to be on any computer program.(some congregation secretary's are pc geeks and have them on their pc anyway) So if you got hold of them it's really the only record the congregation secretary is supposed to have of you. Remember those cards are referred to among the BOE as ones "spiritual barometer". Also too, it's usually the only record that tells them when one was baptised, is annointed or OS, and if you were/are an "elder" or "ms' or "pioneer".

Stealing those would be helpful in that they'd have nothing to send to any other congregation.

Dismembered

• juni
    juni

A wonderful brother who was the Secretary kept these cards under lock and key at his home. I say he was a great brother cause he didn't kiss ass. He eventually had a mental breakdown and moved away. He is one dear soul I miss talking with.

I had requested it once to see how I was doing w/my hours (gag!) over the years. After I looked at it at the Hall I had to return it immediately. I wasn't allowed to take it home.

Perhaps this is part of your personal page in the Book of Life????

Juni

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    The publisher card is the least of your problems. What's on your mind? - sspo

I just want to know if making the card disappear would mean the local body of elders cannot effectively take any disciplinary action against me.

ithinkisee,

You said that nothing can stop an elder (or several) from tracking me down and making a lesson out of me. How would they do that if they don't have my card? Can they simply make a new one? Taking into account what Dismembered said about putting stuff on PC, I guess making a new card is not impossible.

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit