Am I done having children?

by whyamihere 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I always wanted at least one girl and one boy and lucked out by having only two kids. My daughter came first then my son two years later. If my son was another girl, I was going to try again for a boy but didn't have to.

After each of my kids I had post pardum depression and it was worse the 2nd time. The doctor warned me against having a third child so that pretty much made up my mind at that time. I actually was around your age when my son was born. After that for a few years I did think about having another child but was too afraid to get pregnant again due to the post pard. Then, before I knew it I hit 35 (now am almost 38) and decided that I felt too old to be up all night for feedings again, and to do all the physical work involved in raising babies. Also my son is now 12 and my daughter 14 and I kinda like this age better. Even though now the work is more mental and can be equally exhausting. But I can't see going through the baby years again, I am just too tired to do it now!

but you are still young. My advice though if you can is not to wait until you are way past 30 only because medical risk will go up after that. But that does still give you a few more years to decide. Lilly

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I know what you're all saying, and all very good points. Thank you, for your experiences and thoughts.

I am only 26 and I think I have more energy than my children(4 1/2 and 3)....lol. I can say that because I am painting my sons room and doing laundry, cleaning, and still playing with the midget spawns......

I' ve always wanted a big family, since I did come from one.

~Brooke

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

YES, the grandkid is what I enjoy now. I had my day and I am definitely done.

abr

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was an only child and always wanted brothers and sisters. Currently, I have a 9 and 7 year old from my 1st marriage. I am currently pregnant, due in 5 weeks, yikes! It is my 2nd husbands 1st child, we are very excited. This is the 1st time I felt good during my pregoness. I was so sick with my 1st two. I thought to myself, maybe I will have more, I am 32...Then I sometimes watch these TLC specials with couples with 6-12 children, and think to myself....no way. I will never say never...I think I am done...but you never know. I was asked if I wanted my tubes ties after the birth of this child, I said no. I figured I would wait and see how it goes with having a baby in the house again, and I will remind myself that they grow up too. They get more expensive too. So, as of last night, we are not having more. But, in 5 weeks, when we have our little girl (if the doc was right), we could change our minds.

My point is....ITS OK TO CHANGE YOUR MIND.

Nikki

• Jez
    Jez

You prompted me to start my own thread announcing my pregnancy. I thought I was done, but wasn't, so never say never until you do something permanant about not having anymore.

I am going to make sure that this is my last baby. I know without a doubt now, that this is it for me.

Give yourself time and set yourself an age if you want. You are 11 years younger than me!!! Plenty of time!!

Jez

• Undecided
    Undecided

The big question for me is am I done having sex?

Ken P.

• Scully
    Scully

I grew up in a big family, and I was the eldest and the built in babysitter for my parents from the time I was 8 years old. I just knew that I was done after my last one and took steps to ensure that it was a done deal. I have never regretted it either.

I get all my baby cuddling in at work while the moms get some much needed rest, and then I give them back and go home. Life is good.

• JH
    JH
    I have more energy than my children

That's because you drink lots of coke

• morwen
    morwen

I know I'm not done yet. I've given birth to 5 kids so far,2 boys and then 3 girls (our second son died at birth though so we have 4 living children) We have a 7yr old,4yr old,2yr old and a 1yr old.

I just don't have that "I'm done" feeling and I always wanted to have a large family. And my husband told me on the day we met he wanted 10 kids LOL!

I don't know how many more I'll be able to pop out before I either get to old or I am comfortable with knowing "I'm done". Although I have to admit that birth scares me every-single-time! I do the whole natural birth,no drug thing(our girls were born at home too!) And every time I'm in the thick of birth I think to myself as I'm in the most painful experience I've ever had,..."I don't think I can do this again"... LOL But I keep getting knocked up,ha ha!

For now I have a hard time thinking about the day I look into my baby's eye's and realize it's the last baby I'm ever going to have.

Morwen

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    For now I have a hard time thinking about the day I look into my baby's eye's and realize it's the last baby I'm ever going to have.

Exactly! When I look at my son, I can't look at him as the last of my children.

Good for you on the "No Drugs" labor - as for me I thought 50 hours straight was good enough for me. 10 hours later(with drugs) Lily was here. What was the question again?...lol

Really, I am not done having children. However, I am not saying, I've stopped either.

~Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit