Snippet of a JW letter.

by jeeprube 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

I actually talked to someone that heard this and believe me, a considerable number of people bought it hook, line and sinker. When it was conveyed to me there was no equivocation or qualification, they were counting down the last hour.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Of course the R&F buy into this, otherwise, yet another one of the things they have been told is not true.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

It surprises me that every time I read something like this on this forum, I feel afraid as soon as I read it. I have to talk myself quickly through the things I have learned, things that convinced me that it isn't 'The Truth', and made me leave.

It reminds me how utterly trapped the JWs can feel... even those having doubts. My husband included...

GGG

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    There are only 3 places
    where the good news has not reached because it can't reach there
    (banned) - North Korea, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia.

Wow, so it is finished in China, where there are only a few thousand out of the 1,300,000,000 people, (and finished in India where there are only a few thousand out of the 1 billion and all the other places where the ratio is 1 JW to 10,000's people). How many doors must those Chinese JWs be knocking on each day.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Wow, so it is finished in China, where there are only a few thousand out of the 1,300,000,000 people, (and finished in India where there are only a few thousand out of the 1 billion and all the other places where the ratio is 1 JW to 10,000's people). How many doors must those Chinese JWs be knocking on each day.

No, silly, the rocks are crying out of course. The news media just aren't carrying the stories of the crying rocks.

• troucul
    troucul

the little boy who cried wolf....

• hubert
    hubert

It surprises me that every time I read something like this on this forum, I feel afraid as soon as I read it. I have to talk myself quickly through the things I have learned, things that convinced me that it isn't 'The Truth', and made me leave.

You really need to read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz.

After reading his book, you won't feel any more of these "pangs". You will always know that the W.T. is not the faithful and discreet slave, and statements like "the end coming soon" won't have any more effect on your thinking.

Hubert

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

North Korea, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia.

serves them right ..they don't deserve to live forever anyway

• geevee
    geevee

My advice for what it is worth.....Store the email, then forward it back to her every year for as long as you can be bothered!

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, how long ago was this email? Yugoslavia hasn't existed for several years; it's Bosnia, Sebvia, Montenegro, Moldavia, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit