Snippet of a JW letter.

by jeeprube 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!

I t'ink not, Teddy Bear!

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Blondie,

You beat me to it, Yugoslavia is no more since 1992 I believe.

Guys, maybe if we close our eyes really hard and say "Armegeddon is here" three times while clicking our heels, it will happen.

In all honesty, my heart goes out to my family and all those misled. It's so sad.

Best,

NYCkid

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast

Wasn't 1986 the year of peace and security according to the media? Yup and JWs were waiting for the big A-day to happen.

Of course it didn't. It's 2007, the world is still here.

Same old, same old. I truly pity them.

• sir82
    sir82
    There are only 3 places where the good news has not reached

Of course, they fail to mention:

Over 1 billion persons in China, at most a couple thousand JWs working underground...guess the 900+ million people there who have barely even heard of the Bible, much less JWs, don't count

Over 1 billion persons in India, only a few thousand JWs clustered in a handful of large urban areas to give a witness...guess the 900+ million people there who have never heard of or seen a "Watchtower" are screwed, too

Several hundred million persons living in Muslim lands where proselytizing is a capital offense...guess the half-billion plus persons there who have never heard so much as a 30 second magazine presentation can kiss their fannies good-bye.

Seems like "the preaching work has been preached to Jehovah's satisfaction" indicates that he has some pretty low standards.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I've highlighted the parts of that letter that would sound like complete gibberish to anyone who's never been a JW. There's not much left.

Hope you two are doing well!

Exciting things are happening lately. Blank's bible studyattended aone-day special assembly in Denton where his fleshly sister was getting baptized. A member of Bethel was visiting and said that the governing
    body strongly feels that the end is very near. They are just waiting for
    the prophecy in Revelation to be fulfilled where Jehovah will put it
    into the hearts of the governments to turn on false religion. The
    preaching work, at Matthew 24:14, is strongly felt to be nearing fulfillment
    if not fulfilled already! That's where it says that the good news will
    be preached everywhere before the end comes. There are only 3 places
    where the good news has not reached because it can't reach there
    (banned) - North Korea, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia.

• Jourles
    Jourles

The preaching work, at Matthew 24:14, is strongly felt to be nearing fulfillment if not fulfilled already! That's where it says that the good news will be preached everywhere before the end comes.

I've had a feeling for a while now that this will be the WTS's loophole in exiting from their red ink bleeding business of printing. They have already scaled back so much as it is. I think it's just a matter of time before they pretty much stop the actual "preaching work" and focus only on keeping the ones already in. All they need to do is print a book every couple of years and maybe a brochure, but at the very least stop the magazines altogether - at least in the form as we know it today. What I mean is, dump the Awake and print only enough WT's to supply the r&f for Sunday meetings. So in other words, instead of printing over a 100 million copies, scale it back to only ~7 million.

Since it's always about the money, this is a prime excuse to offer the r&f. They have been waiting for the preaching work to end for decades - this is the perfect time to use it to save money even further.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

LOL funky! You can highlight Yugoslavia too I guess LOL! I totally understand tho as I think most of us do, that CONSTANT need JWs have for some SNIPPET that Armageddon is coming that they will be finally relieved of their miserable existence WAITING for the damn thing to come you know? All they do...is wait and wait and watch the news and JUMP on every earthquake, famine, war, ....somebody blows up a silo in Arkansas and they cry ITS COMING!!! And they cover their asses and wait...and wait...and still nothing. Who wants to LIVE like that?? Thats not LIVING at all...thats wasting the one life god gave you holding out hope for something else to come along. What part of NOBODY KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR NOT EVEN THE SON...do these brain dead morons NOT GET???

This ISNT A DRESS REHEARSAL PEOPLE...WAKE THE HELL UP!!

That letter could have been dated ANY DATE from 1800 to 2006 and said the EXACT SAME THING.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

P.S. Does anybody ANYWHERE on this board live in a country where the biggest priority and threat their government has to deal with is "FALSE RELIGION"? Do we think Bush is gonna wake up one day and say..."Damn boys...pull all those kids out of Iraq TODAY!! Bring them back here ASAP and tell them to go out and DESTROY ALL THE CHURCHES, kill all the CLERGY...and I dont give a shit if anybody is IN THEM OR NOT!!! But DONT TOUCH THE KINGDOM HALLS!"

gawd...puhleeze

• jinjam
    jinjam

"They are just waiting for
    the prophecy in Revelation to be fulfilled where Jehovah will put it
    into the hearts of the governments to turn on false religion."

i don't know if i should laugh or cry...

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

You really need to read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz.

After reading his book, you won't feel any more of these "pangs". You will always know that the W.T. is not the faithful and discreet slave, and statements like "the end coming soon" won't have any more effect on your thinking.

I've read it, Hubert.... I am 100% convinced that the WT is not God's chosen people.... And yet, I still get that fear. And I can talk myself through it, and it goes away. But it just surprises me every time how deeply the brainwashing goes. Fear (among other things) kept me in for so long... I have nothing to be afraid of now, but reading an email like that one still scares me at first.

Wierd.

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit