What has happened to America? Stop Bush, Stop The Ignorance.

by Morocco 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Wow! Spoken like a true communist.

Wow. Even a true conservative republican would have agreed on the right and righter statement.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Justice-One has reached his post limit so can't respond on the forum, but has apologized for the 'communist' thing. So, let's just leave it at that.

steve

• Morocco
    Morocco

Heh, wow, good thing I have my fire-retardant suit on because there is a lot of flaming going on in here. It is funny to think how so many people on an X-JW site are really opinionated about politics. Didn't you guys learn ANYTHING from the Watchtower magazines? :) roflz into infinity

• acadian
    acadian

Tetrapod sapien:

hey dude. it seems it is in vogue to hate bush these days (finally! i felt like a lone voice in the wilderness for a while there, back on septemeber 12 2001). of course, bush is just a metaphor for the ignorance. the true criminals are everyone who refuses to change inside, and continue to vote people like bush in, and continue to support the power structures that be, instead of taking up the mantle of their own individuality in relation to the cosmos.
    it doesn't have anything to do with left or right. left wing, right wing, two wings on the same bird. there is only one party in this country, and it's theProperty Party. and it has two right wings. the democrats and the republicans. one wears striped ties, and the other paisley ties. i hope this gives you some perspective. (emphsis by acadian)

it "amuses" me to no end, that the true lesson to be learned from these horrid tragedies has not been learned at all by the large majority of americans. and the true, ultimate, humbling lesson is (drum roll s.v.p): whatever! you have to learn it yourselves! that'll be the last hint i give you! sheesh...
    Thanks Tetra, couldn't of said it better!
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Morrocco:
    Most of us learned about politics after the JWs. I would suggest that we are no worse here than in any other Forum or bar. Haven't you learned anything about the "World"?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

thanks acadian! there are lots of brilliant americans (and scots, hi ross!), don't get me wrong. it's just that it has been 29 years for me now, living to the north, and i get so exasperated that i begin laughing uncontrolably some mornings. not because most americans do not see it my way, but more just because they don't see at all. it stems from a feeling of helplessness, since "most americans" don't just choose the policies of their own country, but those of the entire planet. and that is a depressing thought, ergo the uncontrolable laughter.

people. always waiting for some solution from the sky. and here the answers were right inside themsleves all this time, covered by millenia upon millenia of archon mind control. the great black iron prision of our egos. so much death. so much suffering. so much dust.

i guess we have no where to go but up! :)

peace,

tetra

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Forscher said:
    To say Bush lied [regarding Iraw WMD's etc) shows a lack of serious research into the matter.

Not true. Pretty much everyone not of a Conservative stripe was saying the evidence was deeply flawed, circumstantial, and could not be verified. Colin Powell has even admitted he knew some of the information was wrong going into it. Sounds to me like COlin Powell had a "Crisis of Conscience". Unfortunately he chose to toe the party line. At that time though, the patiotism of people was questioned when they complained. I'll get quotes from that period if you like?

Forscher said:
    Excuse me? I guess you don't consider $25,000 payments to the families of every suicide bomber who attacked our ally, Israel, a connection with the war on terror.

No one is saying Saddam isn't a sick and brutal dictator (er ... was). But the reasons we Americans were given for going to war in Iraq were purely related to 9/11. We were going there because of connections to Osama. Nothing was mentioned about $25000 payments to families as a reason to go to war with Iraq at the time. It was only after the evidence scam was clear to the American people that the extra stuff started coming out. And when people complained about the lack of evidence the LImbaughs and Hannity's of the world started calling the people who complained "Saddam Hussen lovers".

Forscher said:
    They {the liberal media] are not showing the entire picture because they want the very pull-out and impeachment you are calling for.

I will agree with this. Bush got us into a very ugly situation in Iraq. However, I don't believe the media is liberally biased. The liberals complain about the misinformation doled out by the mainstream news just as much as conservatives. I believe people on BOTH sides know not to believe what they hear just because it is on a major network (including FOx News). If the media is liberally biased, why aren't they running stories every night about how they Taliban has taken over in Afghanistan? Why didn't they ask the tough questions BEFORE we went into Iraq? (The liberal media has actually apologized many times now for not asking tougher questions at the time. Of course that is when people's patriotism was being questioned for - asking questions.)

Forscher said:
    And my opinon is that you have spent too much time on liberal blogs and come to the opinion they wanted you to, the wrong one.

The same could be said of you. I listen to Rush limbaugh and Hannity several times per week and it sounds like you are coming to the opinion they (and FOX News) want you to.

Forscher said:
    History shoiws that the only solution to a group like Al Qaeda is to destroy them, period.

History shows that will not happen. Rome tried to do that with Christians. It only made them stronger. Rome also kept extending it's influence until they became a big shell - an illusion of greatness that was inherently empty inside. History shows just the opposite of what you suggest. I've heard some conservatives try and use the "piracy theory" for destroying them, but that will just not work. Pirates weren't inherently religious nutballs - most Christians and Muslims are. The more they are persecuted, the more they fight back. I know all the conservatives say we CANNOT lose. The problem is we can't win either. We can't.

Ultimately I am sure the Limbaughs and Hannitys will blame liberals for the eventual embarrassing failures in the Middle East. Mark my words - they will. They've already been laying the groundwork for it if you read between the lines.
    ========================
    The solution should have been to leave Iraq be for the time being and focus on other places like Afghanistan, N Korea, and others. Maybe Iraq was supposed to just be a training ground for the real tough battles? If so that is pretty scary.

There were people screaming that Iraq will go horribly wrong if we take our eyes of Afghanistan and invade Iraq and just take it over. Critics said our military couldn't handle the load of policing the whole world. We were assured it could, and they always made sure those peoples' patriotism was questioned as well. These were many of the same people that questioned the evidence for so-called WMD's etc.

The Taliban are already taking control of Afghanistan again. I recently read a news piece that said a school teacher was killed by four taliban members. A rope was tied to each of his legs and the other end of each rope was tied to a separate motorcycle. He was ripped apart four ways. Why? Because he was teaching 8th grade girls algebra.

If the media was really SO CONTROLLED by the liberals, then Afghanistan being overrun by Taliban should be on every station every day of the week. To me that would anger people on both sides. But it's not on the news! Where's my liberal media?

==========================
    I wanted to sign up for the military and go kick some Afghani ass after the Twin Towers fell. I was all for it. Nowadays some of my standards are a little different, but at the time I was ready.

However, if we can't even take over a weak country like Iraq (with antiquated tanks and planes), what makes us think we can take on rich, strong and well-trained countries like Iran, North Korea or whomever else we might choose to make a pre-emptive strike on?

And for the record, I was initially glad we had a good ole overcompensating cocksure Texan that seemed to mean what he said (despite his record amounts of vacation time prior to 9/11)when we went into Afghanistan. After I began learning about his past and his questionable methods of winning public office I became greatly embarrased that I was so apathetic about the 2000 elections.

-ithinkisee

• Morocco
    Morocco

well said ithinkisee

• FMZ
    FMZ

Tetra, damn good to see ya man. Kudos on the comments bro, didn't realize we thought so alike ;)

FMZ

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Thanks Morocco

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit