What has happened to America? Stop Bush, Stop The Ignorance.

by Morocco 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I know I'm on a rant and I'm sorry but I had to let it out. Patriotism does not equal moral irresponsibility, and I'm tired of hearing that it does. URGH That's all I gotta say. Thanks for listening and thanks for posting.

Actually, that was a very good post. If anyone would care to look, I have never said how much I love Bush. In many ways, he is no better than a Democrat...and in some ways worse. There have been many mistakes made since WW2 (starting at the end when Europe was divided up like a game of Risk) and put all together, I just see no way out. We are screwed. Maybe nothing can be done at this point by anyone. Damned if you do, damned if you don't type of thing.

And you are right about Bush and our civil liberties. He has gotten away with stuff, that no Democrat President would have been allowed to. I shudder to think what may be done with these powers in the future. But hey if you have nothing to hide, you should not worry right?.....Right?....Yeah - Right.

And again I will say this to those who believe I think the Republicans are the bees knees.....Democrats drag you into the back alley and rape you. Republicans slip something in your drink, and then tell you how much you are going to like it. The results are the same.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Justice One: It would benefit you greatly to put down the gun, let the rabbits have a break for a few weeks, and get out and about for a bit. It might give you a different perspective.

exjdub

Would getting a degree in Administration of Justice qualify in your mind?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I'm not the one touting a big gun in his avatar, my precious

It's a symbol of freedom. Something you guys across the pond just don't get.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Morrocco:
    I've got nothing against a little bit of patriotism... until it steps over the line into moral irresponsibility.

Josh:
    Great post. Unfortunately even the democratic representational system has significant flaws, such as finding it difficult to find someone you would actually like in power. More often than not it's a two horse race where both horses look incredibly similar... especially after four years!

Justice-One:

You'd have to get it first, but even then you'd only have a head full of theory. Maybe ten years within the justice department might semi-qualify you

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Justice-One:

It's a symbol of freedom. Something you guys across the pond just don't get.

Paint your face blue and wield a Claymore and I might agree, but not that piddling little rifle

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

What an interesting post.

I do find it amusing when Americans refer to their two parties as Left and Right. They're not. They're Right and Righter. There are no liberals in power, and I can't think of any in contemporary history.

But alas, even if a democratic system sucks, there's no better 'working' system available. Look at the election just passed. The current administration has fowled up a bad situation into an increasingly, worse situation and the country let them know. The current administration knows that if they don't start making some serious changes, across the board then they will be booted out of office in two years time. It reminds me of eighties conservatism in the UK. After Thatcher politics, which failed, the right imploded and are only now starting to return.

steve

• exjdub
    exjdub

No, I am afraid it wouldn't because I was not referring to education. I was referring to travel. Get out and see the world and perhaps your world view will change. Interesting that you would equate getting a degree with getting out and about though.

exjdub

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I do find it amusing when Americans refer to their two parties as Left and Right. They're not. They're Right and Righter.

Wow! Spoken like a true communist.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

J-1 : Wow! Spoken like a true communist.

Do you know anything about politics?

steve

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I do find it amusing when Americans refer to their two parties as Left and Right. They're not. They're Right and Righter.
    Wow! Spoken like a true communist.

Man!! Where do you get this stuff from? I have not met anyone like you in...in...well, I guess never. "Ragheads" "Communists"..what's next Justice? I feel the "N" word coming from you just around the corner. I find you to be one of the most obtuse individuals I have ever met. I didn't think that people like you were still around. You are a throwback to 1955...and not in a good way.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit