JWD outage -- what if it were longer or worse, permanent?

by Fatfreek 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

The site will never just be turned off.

If it was going to be shut down (and I don't have any plans to do this) then I would give plenty of warning and chance to exchange contact details etc.

If it was to be shut down suddenly for some unforseen reason then I would setup a page to explain how to get in touch with everyone and redirect traffic to some alternate site.

Worry ye not !

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

The site will never just be turned off.

If it was going to be shut down (and I don't have any plans to do this) then I would give plenty of warning and chance to exchange contact details etc.

If it was to be shut down suddenly for some unforseen reason then I would setup a page to explain how to get in touch with everyone and redirect traffic to some alternate site.

Worry ye not !

I've never been a dub, so although I would miss this site, it would be ok. I feel that others depend on this site for their transition out of slavery the borg and therefore this site is important as a "safety net". Thanks Simon for the response.

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

I would thank Jehovah that a bunch of people who claim that they were Jehovah's Witnesses have lost a place to tell what they do not know and never understood about the religion.

• mavie
    mavie

I would mourn the loss of a place where all are welcome to come and pursue honest research regarding Jehovah's Witnesses and the WTBTS.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

if simon leaves so do I, to parts unknown in the universe.

ofc

• arwen
    arwen

I would miss it terribly. Thank you, Simon, for reassuring us that you will always be there for us one way or another. We really do appreciate you.......You know that don't you!!!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    I would thank Jehovah that a bunch of people who claim that they were Jehovah's Witnesses have lost a place to tell what they do not know and never understood about the religion.

Dear Steve (grissom6471),

We have seen many people come to these forums who make similar comments as yourself. All are welcome here, regardless of belief, so welcome! Most of us here have been Witnesses for years. In fact many of us have been elders, pioneers, and we even have a few former Bethelites. You will find that most here are still pretty well versed in the official doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower society, no matter how fluid they may be. Stick around and you may learn a few new things, too! Websites like this one vary as far as quality goes, and this one seems to have a good mix of folks.

• restrangled
    restrangled

If the power goes out where Simon's is, we all loose it. If you personally loose power the website is gone also...enjoy it while its here.

Simon is a great host, but some day he may decide he has had it.

If you are worried about losing contact, there should be phone numbers available between trusted members.

Again, once, the power goes out anywhere, so does the forum.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit