JWD outage -- what if it were longer or worse, permanent?

by Fatfreek 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is my cyber home..May God have mercy on anyone who F*cks with it...OUTLAW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I've thought of this - and I would dearly hate it if it happened. One suggestion would be to contact 10-15 of the posters here and exchange email addys with them before the fact. Given the ole' '6 degreees of separation' theorum, this would allow a plan to develop outside the forum in case of such an international emergency - or as O21 stated - the start of Armageddon.

As also stated - life would go on - but it would not be as much fun.

Jeff

• sspo
    sspo

If this site shuts down, it's a sure sign that jehovah's displeasure is against us apostate

• dh
    dh

in the words of dr. ian malcolm 'life, finds a way'

• vitty
    vitty

I know life would go on, but it would be more difficult. I rely on this site for support and information.

Is it possible that the WT could close this site like they did to quotes??????????

Think of all those peeps still stuck in the org, not having an inkling about the truth, I know there are other excellent sites like freeminds but this has got to be the best communication forum in the WORLD .......................now that is quite amazing

Simon can you put our minds at rest , please?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

What would happen if the JW ceased? Members would continue in different splinter groups. I think something similar would happen when this place would cease, which I do not hope. When the old h20 stopped (at least as it had been before) I came here.

• 5go
    5go

I would think it would lethal to our communty to an extent this board comes up on google and yahoo above (somtimes) the official JW site

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

After years of this board being as active as it is I doubt the WTS could do much to shut it down.

They went after Kent/WT Observer, Quotes and a few other sites for one reason - those sitesmain purpose was to publish copyrighted WT material and make it available online.

That is not now, and never has been the purpose of JWD. And I can't see how it would become one of the purposes of JWD. As a board that has a focus on discussion about JWs and the WTS, they would have a much harder time in a court of law to shut down JWD.

There are a couple of things they could try but I'm not going to post them because they don't need a heads-up. But even those things wouldn't shut the site down - perhaps just force some minor changes.

As for Simon deciding to move on: in the past he has said that even if he decides to take a back seat he will find others to help keep the site running.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I just came out of a time like that for about 5 months and it was very hard! I really needed the site as I was coming out of the belief system to my family of witnesses and had begun my speration from husband of 18 years. Man was it hard. I made it of course but it would have been easier with like minded people. cabs

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I just came out of a time like that for about 5 months and it was very hard! I really needed the site as I was coming out of the belief system to my family of witnesses and had begun my speration from husband of 18 years. Man was it hard. I made it of course but it would have been easier with like minded people. cabs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit