Did you ever get in trouble for....

by Fleshybirdfodder 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Reading the Bible during the Watchtower study when you should have been "paying attention"? As a kid I constantly got repremanded for that. Guess even then I'd rather find out for myself. Any other things you got trouble for that didn't fit in with WT conformity?

FBF

• BrentR
    BrentR

Thinking and asking questions always did it for me.

I remember one time at the meeting I said "how's it going dude?" to a friend that just came in and an elder overheard me. After the meeting he took me aside and proceded to lecture me on the proper way christian's should greet one another. I nearly puked and was completely dumbfounded and amazed all at the same time.

Can you imagine if I said "how's it hanging?".

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

walking into the Mens at a District Ass. and cheerfully asking if this was where all the big knobs hang out!

And yes, reading the rest of the verses in the chapter after a cited scripture because it was more interesting than the talk.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Reading, and highlighting, all the verses describing "leviathan", because the description fascinated me.

• zagor
    zagor

Not so much for reading the bible but for reading Zagor cartoons - hence my nick here

• BrentR
    BrentR

Posted by Bigmouth:

"walking into the Mens at a District Ass. and cheerfully asking if this was where all the big knobs hang out!"

LOL!!!!!! I am sure that went over like a fart in church.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I didn't get counselled for reading the bible when I should've been listening. But I remember feeling guilty for it. Guilt or not, I kept on with the practise. LOL It was far more interesting and kept me from falling asleep from boredom.

Cellist

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

As the song we use to sing put it best

"You must watch how you WALK and watch how you TALK, and thus stumble none in our ministry"

There are so many times I have heard, oh, don't say that or dont' do that. It is absolutely incrediable how many little things or how many gnats get strained as the camel gets swalllowed.

abr

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not wearing a white t-shirt while baptizing...

just like john the baptist....

and for saying john the baptist instead of john the baptizer

• rowan
    rowan

abr,

Now I cannot get rid of that stupid song in my head! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit